The DeLorean Owners Club UK (‘DOC’) is committed to protecting your data privacy. This Policy explains how we protect and manage any personal data* you share with us and that we hold about you, including how we collect, process, protect and share that data. It also explains how you can control your data and your rights generally as a data subject, and our procedure in respect of cookies.
*Personal data means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, a home or other physical address, an email address or other contact information (whether at work or at home).
There are various ways that you might interact with the DOC, and the data you provide to us when doing so allows us to improve our services. By supplying your details to the DOC and by using our website, we will process your data on the basis either that:
- the processing is necessary for our performance of a contract with you; or
- the processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests.
How we obtain your personal data The DOC may collect and record basic data (for example names, email addresses, postal addresses, telephone numbers) which you voluntarily provide via hardcopy, or email, or in writing. Subject to your specific cookie consent (see below) the DOC may also collect data pertaining to users of our website, including IP addresses, source domain names, specific web pages, and pages that have been accessed. We record this information in a computer database and use this information in order to manage and administer your membership whilst you remain a member of the DOC.
How we use your personal data We control data in respect of our committee, secretary, volunteers, members, supporters and donors. Also, we control data in respect of people who buy services from us those services principally being administering applications and renewals to become or continue being a member or supporter of The DOC. When you join the DOC, we record your details to ensure that we can for example:
- provide a membership subscription service to you
- send you our Newsletter in both hardcopy and where possible electronic form
- contact you in the event of providing information applicable to you
- deal with any financial queries.The DOC uses personal data which we collect to provide you with services which you request or to improve our existing services. We use personal data to contact our members with details of events, and AGM details (in respect of voting members).The DOC may also use or disclose your personal data when the DOC believes, in good faith, that such use or disclosure is necessary to comply with law, or to protect the rights, property or safety of the DOC, or of the DOC’s users, or others.
- Data subject rights
- When you contact the DOC, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues that you might be facing. Your data may be retained for a reasonable time and in line with our record retention procedures (financial records for six years) for use in any future contact with you, or for future improvements to the club’s services.
- By applying to become a member or supporter or renewing your subscription you will automatically agree to receiving marketing offers in the form of our quarterly club magazine DeLorean News/newsletters when produced and information on club events and products via hard and soft copy. Your details will not be passed to any third parties other than a printing and distribution company in order to provide you with this service.
- Subject access requests Where we control data, you, the data subject have certain rights, such as:
- the right (in certain circumstances) to erase your personal data (and to be forgotten)**;
- the right to request inaccurate information about you be corrected;
- the right to launch a complaint with the Office of the Information Commissioner;
- the right via a subject access request to know whether or not we are processing your personal data, the nature of that personal data and the purposes of the processing.
Should you seek to exercise any of the above rights, please use the contact details set out in the questions & queries section below.
**Please note that we cannot delete your information where we are required to have it by law, or where it is in printed format, such as past copies of the newsletter or similar publications and already in the public domain. Where data has been shared we shall communicate any rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing as described above to each recipient to whom the personal data has been disclosed.
Information about cookies A cookie is a small text file stored alongside your internet browser on your computer or smartphone. It enables us to recognise your computer when you visit the website. The tool is used by many websites to help collect information, such as how many people visit and return to the website, what products or services are being accessed, to make certain parts of the Site function properly and for the purposes of website and system administration. If you have disabled the cookies file in your browser, you may experience technical issues with some parts of the website.
Accuracy of Information In order to provide the highest level of membership service and support, we need to keep accurate personal data. Please keep us informed of any changes to your personal information.
Social Media When you participate in various social media forums like Facebook, you should be familiar with and understand the tools provided by those sites that allow you to make choices about how you share the personal data in your social media profile(s). Also, depending on the choices you have made regarding your settings on various social media sites (and/or in combination with your settings on the DOC Website Pages), certain personal data may be shared with us about your online activities and social media profiles (e.g. interests, marital status, gender, user name, photo, comments and content you have posted/shared etc.).
Links to Other Websites During your online journey across our website, you may encounter links to other websites such as our Commercial Partners for your convenience and information. These websites will operate independently from the DOC, and may have their own privacy notices, statements or policies. We strongly suggest that you review them to understand how your personal data may be processed in connection with those sites, as we are not responsible for the content of non-DOC-owned or -managed sites, or the use or privacy practices of those sites.
If you have a Question/ query or complaint, who to contact?
If you have any queries regarding the use of your personal data then please contact us.
By writing to: Secretary, DeLorean owners Club (UK), 13 Windsor Road, Royston, Herts, SG8 9JF
Or email to: email@example.com
- ⓒ DeLorean Owners Club (UK)