Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeLorean to go back into (limited) production?
Claire Usher Wrote:
bozzzydmc Wrote:
Claire Usher Wrote:
bozzzydmc Wrote:Daily Mail tomorrow ( Thur 02 ) is running a piece....

no doubt it will have the same old 'tax payers money, JZD was a con artist, the car was crap' story - unless anyone here has contributed and put them to rights? :wink:

Well i have spoken to them Smile ... not saying the usual crap wont get in there but hopefully being a proper paper they wont misquote me at all ....lets see Smile

Bought the Mail today - couldnt see anything in there tho about the DeLorean Sad

I didn't buy the Mail, instead leafed through it whilst standing in McColl's this morning...nothing about the Delorean.
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
rdj104 Wrote:Another interview done and dusted!

This time was a reporter from BBC World Service (Radio) who came out to see the car/go for a ride.

He had a fairly negative attitude so I don't know quite how the edited article will turn out. His views on reliability etc. weren't helped by...

a) My car developed a bit of a misfire this morning, meaning not on top performance and making some odd noises.

b) (My dodgy Blue) Gearknob came off in my hand in whilst finding reverse.

c) Passenger door not opening from the inside when he tried to get out as it hadn't been shut properly

d) electric windows not working and

e) being very short notice having no time to make it look nice.

Well we'll see how it comes out anyway. It will be broadcast at various times over the night, the first time will probably be between 12.45 and 1.00am. They promised to email me the file too, so I won't be staying up to listen....

LOL Smile is that all Smile I wouldnt worry about it , its top stuff anyway matey, ive had emails from Japan and Australia today, asking for comments on the latest story... talk about world wide interest !!
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-g ... ome-center
bozzzydmc Wrote:
rdj104 Wrote:Another interview done and dusted!

This time was a reporter from BBC World Service (Radio) who came out to see the car/go for a ride.

He had a fairly negative attitude so I don't know quite how the edited article will turn out. His views on reliability etc. weren't helped by...

a) My car developed a bit of a misfire this morning, meaning not on top performance and making some odd noises.

b) (My dodgy Blue) Gearknob came off in my hand in whilst finding reverse.

c) Passenger door not opening from the inside when he tried to get out as it hadn't been shut properly

d) electric windows not working and

e) being very short notice having no time to make it look nice.

Well we'll see how it comes out anyway. It will be broadcast at various times over the night, the first time will probably be between 12.45 and 1.00am. They promised to email me the file too, so I won't be staying up to listen....

LOL Smile is that all Smile I wouldnt worry about it , its top stuff anyway matey, ive had emails from Japan and Australia today, asking for comments on the latest story... talk about world wide interest !!

Funny that, i was gonna say that mike :lol: that sounds like a good car me thinks :lol:
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
If DMCH pull this off, does that mean that there is gonna be an 07 plate DeLorean roaming the streets?????
Also will they carry the vin number on from the gold car????
Kelvin Tan
I baggsie

' MY07 DMC'

Then !!! Smile

any others ???.....
iv got one mike,, ON TOW :lol: :lol: TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Is making more of them really a good thing? As an owner, i like to think of it as a car thats becoming more rare, and i like it for that reason. Making more would make them less desirable for the collectors in my opinion, and probably de-value the present vin's. I may be wrong, it may go the other way, who knows? I'm sorry, but somebody's got to say it. If ever there is word of a total manufacture, (not re-manufacture, because thats not the same - restoration or re-manufacture isn't threatening the rareness as its keeping the original vin's instead.), the car won't be of the same value to me any more. What happened to DMC is historical, and it should stay that way. Would any of you bring back Maggie Thatcher, John Major etc all these years later? By all means, buy a re-manufactured De-Lorean, keep making the parts, or even re-manufacture the parts, but dont kill our "ownership" by producing more.....

Who agree's, and who disagree's?

Personally, I think non-owners would push this more than the owners, as it will make them more obtainable, possibly cheaper in the long run for them.

Again, I may be wrong....

Ben
TheOriginalMrP Wrote:Is making more of them really a good thing? As an owner, i like to think of it as a car thats becoming more rare, and i like it for that reason. Making more would make them less desirable for the collectors in my opinion, and probably de-value the present vin's. I may be wrong, it may go the other way, who knows? I'm sorry, but somebody's got to say it. If ever there is word of a total manufacture, (not re-manufacture, because thats not the same - restoration or re-manufacture isn't threatening the rareness as its keeping the original vin's instead.), the car won't be of the same value to me any more. What happened to DMC is historical, and it should stay that way. Would any of you bring back Maggie Thatcher, John Major etc all these years later? By all means, buy a re-manufactured De-Lorean, keep making the parts, or even re-manufacture the parts, but dont kill our "ownership" by producing more.....

Who agree's, and who disagree's?

Personally, I think non-owners would push this more than the owners, as it will make them more obtainable, possibly cheaper in the long run for them.

Again, I may be wrong....

Ben

Completely agree mate!
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
--------------------------
http://www.carpromos.co.uk
There is a nice 2 page spread in the Sunday Express today, same story about DMCH possibly making some more. Its a pity the club website didn't get a plug though.
Chris P
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I've got to agree with Ben, I personnally think it's wrong if they try to re-manufacture the Delorean, it would make the originals less desirable as a collectable. As I understand it DMCH have been sitting on a lot of parts for a lot of years, and I'm not trying to imply they have expoited owners with the price of parts, but if they are not moving those parts then maybe bussiness isn't as good as it should be. So I have read from the media, that their is massive demand for Delorean's so their going to reproduce it, and I don't believe that at all, thats been said to save face. If your sitting on stock you can move, then put the parts together to make a car and move the stock like that. Thats my opinion and I might be completely wrong.
Regards Jay Monk

VIN: # 3928
VIN: # 4989

[Image: garage3.jpg]
i agree, there cannot be such a massive demand as i still see loads of deloreans on ebay. Well im sticking to an oldy D, dont want some cheap remakeTongue
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Hey Mike didn't you say you preferred later deloreans to early ones?

now's your opportunity to get a brand new spanking one :p )
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
err not that much laterTongue lol
DOC 527
Vin #10264
yeah i have to agree with mr monk on what he says there, but i think that parts in the states are an absolute rip off even before you add on the duty. When i restored my car i didnt need to get many parts from there, so i sourced them from this country, which as we all know most of the parts come from. When i thought my gearshift linkage had gone it was priced at $400+ shipping, how can you justify that Shock
And also how much are the new old stock cars going to be $40-$60k i reckon, give me an old one warts an all anyday.
TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor