Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeLorean to go back into (limited) production?
Just posted a video, opened a new thread incase other people had versions they want to add - plus I promised Mike I would record it on camera for him as he has an early start in the morning haha!

http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1220
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
--------------------------
http://www.carpromos.co.uk
Do we all really think this will happen then?

I just can't see it. Like Dan said, are they DMCH going to start re-pressing panels and cryo making torsion bars?

It would be great if they are as it will make the up keep of our original cars a lot easier, but I just can't see the profits in it.

I wait with baited breath.

Stu and an original "Maddie" Smile
Stuart
VIN# 5641 "Maddie"
DOC 414
Ware, Herts. UK

[Image: signature.jpg]

Emagine Productions

W: www.emagineproductions.co.uk
Emagine Wrote:Do we all really think this will happen then?

I just can't see it. Like Dan said, are they DMCH going to start re-pressing panels and cryo making torsion bars?

It would be great if they are as it will make the up keep of our original cars a lot easier, but I just can't see the profits in it.

I wait with baited breath.

Stu and an original "Maddie" Smile
Well we can only Dream :lol: :lol:
Neal Barclay
Former Delorean Employee
DOC 324/Clock no.1804

[Image: DSC_0112-1.jpg]
Live the Dream today, Because I did it yesterday.
Claire Usher Wrote:I've just had Andy Withers on the phone, apparantly Central News want a D in Birmingham City Centre tonight for the news.

Yes, I'd sort of dumped that on Andy a bit (sorry Andy! :oops: )

ITN rang me at about 6:30pm asking me to take VIN# 4400 into the City Centre to do some filming for 10:30pm slot. I guess they'd noticed my Birmingham address on the website (I am about 2 miles from the TV offices in Brum).

It would have been fine except
a) ironically I'd just got back to Wolverhampton for the night and
b) the tax expired on VIN #4400 yesterday. D'OH! :roll:

Andy was the only person I could think of who was vaguely near to the Birmingham studio, but it seems they wanted the car to come to the studio rather than send a cameraman out on location and Andy's car is off the road at the moment.

I'm glad they were able to sort it out in the end and Nemesis' car did us proud when the story went on air. Excellent work! Big Grin
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
hi

yes sorry Andy would love to have done that but vin 1621 is minus door panel, seats!, reg plates.

the more TV coverage the better. i recorded on my dvb stick.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
steve.s Wrote:i recorded on my dvb stick.

Will we get to see it then? Big Grin
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
--------------------------
http://www.carpromos.co.uk
Hey guys. Did my best to make sure the car came across well, all myths were dispelled and was very clear that the £12k for a good un in Europe was well wide of the mark.

Was most dissappointed my comments on how running old cars is very good for the environment didn't make it to air lol!
Its been emotional...
ITV news called me last night at 6 asking to film the car ... unfortunately it is in the garage for repairs and I couldn't do it Sad

next time maybe Smile
Richard Hynes
Mem No: 568
Vin: 2633

[Image: Calavera121.png]
I had abit of a dispute with them over it actually. (which in heinsight may have led to them turning me down for someone else :p) Cause its not really truthfull in my eyes. Its been rumoured for years that dmc would try to retool as much as possible to meet demand for parts, which for the most part they have. People talk about left fenders being in short supply - in the states maybe, people dont crash deloreans on a daily basis so surly there cant be that high a demand. I think whoever initially worte the report has blown it well out of proportion. anyone agree?

Was nice to see a D on TV again though Smile
That's right Scott,

There isn't a huge demand for left front fenders, drivers torsion bars - and some of the other 'unavailable' parts.
At present - there are still quite a few parts cars in the US where you could source what you need - but expect to pay a premium.

I wouldn't say there is a 'need' for these parts - just a general nervousness as to what would happen if you DID need a left front fender one day - and there were none anywhere.

Everything on the DeLorean can be remanufactured - but in most cases, it's not commercially viable. The torsion bar for example would need a production run of 250+ and they'd only sell maybe 2 a year at a push.

We remade a left front fender by hand - just to show it could be done - although it's not commercially viable unless there were none left anywhere else.

Good luck to DMCH if they want to try this - it will only add value to all of the original cars - as they have a history to them (even if the parts aren't new off the shelf).

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
dmcscott2002 Wrote:I think whoever initially worte the report has blown it well out of proportion. anyone agree?

Was nice to see a D on TV again though Smile

Well i dont see anything written down on lets say he BBC report that isnt true or not been confirmed by James Espey... after all it was his interview on that page.

Its all good publicity for all concered, without anyone i have spoken to putting anything out of proportion Smile
bozzzydmc Wrote:
Claire Usher Wrote:
bozzzydmc Wrote:Daily Mail tomorrow ( Thur 02 ) is running a piece....

no doubt it will have the same old 'tax payers money, JZD was a con artist, the car was crap' story - unless anyone here has contributed and put them to rights? :wink:

Well i have spoken to them Smile ... not saying the usual crap wont get in there but hopefully being a proper paper they wont misquote me at all ....lets see Smile

Bought the Mail today - couldnt see anything in there tho about the DeLorean Sad
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
bozzzydmc Wrote:Yes i have just emailed them on that point Smile

Good article otherwise !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/6925533.stm

wow they listened! the price has gone completley now ! Smile
Claire Usher Wrote:
bozzzydmc Wrote:
Claire Usher Wrote:
bozzzydmc Wrote:Daily Mail tomorrow ( Thur 02 ) is running a piece....

no doubt it will have the same old 'tax payers money, JZD was a con artist, the car was crap' story - unless anyone here has contributed and put them to rights? :wink:

Well i have spoken to them Smile ... not saying the usual crap wont get in there but hopefully being a proper paper they wont misquote me at all ....lets see Smile

Bought the Mail today - couldnt see anything in there tho about the DeLorean Sad

Yes sorry , thats what i was told ... i will look again tomorow :roll:
Another interview done and dusted!

This time was a reporter from BBC World Service (Radio) who came out to see the car/go for a ride.

He had a fairly negative attitude so I don't know quite how the edited article will turn out. His views on reliability etc. weren't helped by...

a) My car developed a bit of a misfire this morning, meaning not on top performance and making some odd noises.

b) (My dodgy Blue) Gearknob came off in my hand in whilst finding reverse.

c) Passenger door not opening from the inside when he tried to get out as it hadn't been shut properly

d) electric windows not working and

e) being very short notice having no time to make it look nice.

Well we'll see how it comes out anyway. It will be broadcast at various times over the night, the first time will probably be between 12.45 and 1.00am. They promised to email me the file too, so I won't be staying up to listen....
Rich J