Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fog light switch
Is it possible to use a rear demister switch in one of the normally blank spaces as a fog light switch? or something similar? I want to put the fog light switch in that area and it would be good if I could do something that matches with the existing switches.

Also could somebody run through how to modify the tail lamp boards for fog lights?

Thanks Big Grin
Not that this helps you but I started a 'How to' on this .. need to finish it off and put it up somewhere ...
PM sent
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
Thanks guys, could anyone do a quick run through of this for me? Just not sure what modifications are required on the light boards.
DMC Houston sell a switch which is the same as a demister switch but with no decal on it. Then you can get a foglight decal to go on the blank switch.
VIN: 6511
ah right, sounds good ill have a look on their website. I have found a fog light guide on the main club website in the tech section, didnt know that was there so I can wire those up now.

Cheers,
Phil
If you get stuck, always PM RichH (DOC-UK Technical Advisor) - he's done quite a few
of these recently for people, and has also redone one that had been bodged by someone
on another club member's car.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
i have used one reversing lamp for mine. (red bulb)

an easy job, and no cutting tail light pcb.

decals from 'vehicle wiring products'

steve
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370