Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"EuroTec" Weekend in Norfolk, UK - 5th June 2009
jerzybondov Wrote:Stick me down. I reckon mine's putting out at least 85 bhp with the new exhaust Big Grin

Surely more like 88 ?? Smile
Does anybody fancy sharing a room for Eurotec? My friend Theo (who some of you met in March) was going to come along with me but a lack of funds have put a stop to that, he might still visit but I was banking on the rates for sharing a room.

Also, as far as the rolling road goes I'm in, through morbid curiosity if nothing else. Would it be restricted to deloreans? If Theo does stop by I don't think he gave a second thought to chipping in to put his Saab on there, and surely the more use it gets the cheaper it is for all of us.
Chris Bale
Norwich, Norfolk

DOC# 528 / VIN# 2325
Not a problem any car is welcome, so more the merrier buddy, at the end of the day I dont want to end up footing the bill lol Smile
Dan1986 Wrote:Wow thats brilliant. I will get mine on there for sure Big Grin Is anyone bringing a gas analyzer so the cars can be set up properly first?

I will bring one, but it's only a small gunsons one though not an MOT calibratedd one.
Could always tune it by ear and throttle response Big Grin

NickT
It was done by ear last time Nick and it was too high when it was MOT'd in sept. Within MOT spec but higher than its supposed to be. 4% I think the CO was, so I'll start again this year with the new exhaust, do the shims first and go from there. Then once its setup get it on the rollers Big Grin
VIN: 6511
I have had a couple of people ask if Club 'donations' were happening this year and also if the club was supporting this event financially.

Just to be clear the simple answer is no, as this event is subsidized by Arran (Yet again ) and is not supported by the Club financially at all.

Again I wish to thank Arran for his generosity because without it we would all be paying a heck of a lot more to have this.

I just wanted to be clear on this .
Dan1986 Wrote:It was done by ear last time Nick and it was too high when it was MOT'd in sept. Within MOT spec but higher than its supposed to be. 4% I think the CO was, so I'll start again this year with the new exhaust, do the shims first and go from there. Then once its setup get it on the rollers Big Grin

What sort of ear ?

[Image: big-ear3.jpg]

Or

[Image: spock_inquisitive.jpg]

:lol: :lol:
bozzzydmc Wrote:I have had a couple of people ask if Club 'donations' were happening this year and also if the club was supporting this event financially.

Just to be clear the simple answer is no, as this event is subsidized by Arran (Yet again ) and is not supported by the Club financially at all.

Again I wish to thank Arran for his generosity because without it we would all be paying a heck of a lot more to have this.

Be fair Mike, this has been Arran's event all along!!

I take exception to your inferrance that this event is being snubbed in some way
as this is not the case at all - Arran announced the event last year (through Glen)
off his own back and none of the DOC Comittee have had any involvement in the
organisation of Arran's event. If Arran wants to offer his hotel to Club member's at
reduced rates, then that is entirely up to him, and I'm sure that the membership that
go are very grateful for this.

Sorry for the rant everyone.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Quote:Just to be clear the simple answer is no, as this event is subsidized by Arran (Yet again ) and is not supported by the Club financially at all.

I do think though Mike, the club would be far better spending what little money it has on other things rather than subsidising events that not all of the membership attend, I think investing in parts or something is a far better way to use the clubs money, then if people want to attend an event its up to them to decide what works financially for them, i.e NEC or Eurotec etc etc.

Quote:Again I wish to thank Arran for his generosity because without it we would all be paying a heck of a lot more to have this.

Agreed totally, we are extremely lucky to have Arran and Caley Hall, we all know the pricing is very very competitive, (and I doubt it could ever be beaten) but also its a fantastic location where we have run of the place and can rev engines all day with no complaints...there arent many places you can do that.
Arran has a passion for DeLoreans thats why he does at it, at what I think can only be not much more than trade prices all just for us.

Eurotec is here to stay!
Claire Usher Wrote:
bozzzydmc Wrote:I have had a couple of people ask if Club 'donations' were happening this year and also if the club was supporting this event financially.

Be fair Mike, this has been Arran's event all along!!

I take exception to your inferrance that this event is being snubbed in some way
as this is not the case at all - Arran announced the event last year (through Glen)
off his own back and none of the DOC Comittee have had any involvement in the
organisation of Arran's event. If Arran wants to offer his hotel to Club member's at
reduced rates, then that is entirely up to him, and I'm sure that the membership that
go are very grateful for this.

Sorry for the rant everyone.

Claire

Please dont take this personally but Im sorry you are wrong on this.

Glen (and I) organised this as a DOC Club event back in June Last year, Glen was and still officially is the DOC Events Organiser and on the back of everyone who was at the event last year this event was organised on behalf of the Club and its Members.

This was in just the same way as it was dealt with the year before.

At some point various Club officals decided they didnt like the idea of holding this event as a 'DOC' event, at that point and ( and at their request ) the DOC part was taken off the event 'listing'

Unfortunatley I very well know the reasons for this decision and I will of course respect everyones confidentiality but when I was mistakenly copied in on various emails ( And I think you know which ones i mean ) it did make me think why the heck I was bothering to help organise this at all.

My post above was as simple as this... at least 6 people have asked me in the last couple of weeks or so asking why it appears the DOC isn't supporting this event, the simple answer I gave is ..No..they are not and hence they are not helping to support this financially. Did I tell them why ?.. No... but im wondering just how long i can bite my tounge for...

I will see this event through and then I will probably just float off into the blue yonder as its no fun having to defend your corner when my good nature stops me from doing so.

I wish you and the Official club DOC event all the very best
Quote:At some point various Club officals decided they didnt like the idea of holding this event as a 'DOC' event, at that point and ( and at their request ) the DOC part was taken off the event 'listing'

Well well well......

Why didnt the Club officials seek to ask the membership what they thought?
UPDATE : 17.04.09 5.53pm

As you are aware Ed Uding (DMCE) is again attending EuroTec this year with his 'Santas Grotto' van Smile. He is pleased to announce that he will be bringing over many more new previously unavailable parts this time round, along with a batch of newly remade dash pads in Grey and Black Smile

I for one need one Smile LOL

He has requested that if you have a need for anything in particular can you please get in touch with him and especially on any bulky items so that he can make space in there to get it over. This alone must save a shed load in postage Smile

Regards

Mike
mike

My god thats a Big tread mill Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin SAM Big Grin Big Grin
LOL Smile

Hope things are getting better with you both Sam, I need Glen back for June .... He cant leave me to do it all on my own :lol:
bozzzydmc Wrote:UPDATE : 17.04.09 5.53pm

As you are aware Ed Uding (DMCE) is again attending this year with his 'Santas Grotto' van Smile. He is pleased to announce that he will be bringing over many more new previously unavailable parts this time round, along with a batch of newly remade dash pads in Grey and Black Smile

I for one need one Smile LOL

He has requested that if you have a need for anything in particular can you please get in touch with him and especially on any bulky items so that he can make space in there to get it over. This alone must save a shed load in postage Smile

Regards

Mike

You mean they're finally available?! What is he knocking them out for then?
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.