The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum
New pair of front discs - Printable Version

+- The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: GENERAL DELOREAN DISCUSSION (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: New pair of front discs (/showthread.php?tid=1437)

New pair of front discs - Chris Williams - 27 Mar 2008

Hi,
As part of a winter re-build, I renewed the front discs trying to cure a bit of steering wheel vibration (as well as wheel bearings/poly bushings Etc) Anyway this did not work. so in the end I had to replace both the hubs (as advised but did not check, sorry Nick :oops: ) anyway I replaced the discs again just in case. So I have a set of front discs that have covered about 20 miles, I'm 98% sure there perfect, however I decided to put new ones on again just in case :? So if any one wants the old ones to try (indeed the hubs if any one has a use for a bit of scrap) then your welcome to have them to try. FOC, Collection ideally.
Chris

- NickT - 28 Mar 2008

Hope it is all sorted out now.

I'll have them if you are giving away the discs Smile

If you are dumping the hubs, you could at least remove the internal bearing circlips and whack out the wheel studs (with a wooden mallet) for spares !

NickT

- bozzzydmc - 28 Mar 2008

Share them out ...lets have one each !!! lol

- Chris Williams - 28 Mar 2008

NickT Wrote:Hope it is all sorted out now.

If you are dumping the hubs, you could at least remove the internal bearing circlips and whack out the wheel studs (with a wooden mallet) for spares !

NickT

Yep your welcome to them FOC, I'm up your way next Sat if you want me to bring them up, perhaps give me a bell to arrange something.
Chris

- NickT - 28 Mar 2008

Chris Williams Wrote:
NickT Wrote:Hope it is all sorted out now.

NickT

Yep your welcome to them FOC, I'm up your way next Sat if you want me to bring them up, perhaps give me a bell to arrange something.
Chris

Thanks for that Chris,

Are you house hunting by any chance ?

I'll give you a ring over the weekend.

Nick.

- Guinney1971 - 28 Mar 2008

ayup Chris, sounds like an impromtu Norvern Meet could be on the cards Big Grin

- Tourettes Tony - 28 Mar 2008

bozzzydmc Wrote:Share them out ...lets have one each !!! lol

il have the grease :lol: iv joined the green party recycle recycle TT

- Chris Williams - 30 Mar 2008

Claire Usher Wrote:ayup Chris, sounds like an impromtu Norvern Meet could be on the cards Big Grin

Sounds like a good idea, unfortunatly time wont allow on this occasion. Have to get up there look and back in the day. Perhaps in a few weeks time

Chris