Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can nobody help on std springs?
Hi, have had no responce to my ad for a set of standard roadsprings, surely ther must be someone who has had thier car lowered, and still has the old ones sat there doing nothing. there are new springs available, but they all seem to be lower ones, and i just want mine to look standard.
Please can anybody help, regards

Nick
as far as i am aware lotus designed it to have lower springs but the americans wanted longer ones which in my opinion look far too high, so what is standard? TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
i think i still have mine kicking around in the workshop some where i`ll have a look later, and let you know, :wink:

Birchy Wrote:Hi, have had no responce to my ad for a set of standard roadsprings, surely ther must be someone who has had thier car lowered, and still has the old ones sat there doing nothing. there are new springs available, but they all seem to be lower ones, and i just want mine to look standard.
Please can anybody help, regards

Nick
cheers tracey
vin 6484
rhd
(marty)
doc 421
Delorean Dream within a Dream
roll on eurotec 2009 love you all
[Image: covercarpics034.jpg]

[Image: mybanner48c1296704f7enw1.jpg]
If you dont get sorted, drop me a pm- I definately have my standard front springs in the garage.

Stephen
Also check out the thread by Dan Willis, he's just put one up saying he's got some front springs.
[Image: DeloreanSig.jpg]
Sorry my opinion on the origional springs is that they are only good for one thing Smile .....

[Image: 249618505_13e6d2e1f8.jpg]
Top Man Mike, I like a lot! Mine still has std springs on (till this winter)I know what you mean. Its like driving a speed boat!
[Image: DeloreanSig.jpg]
Well i was stuck with mine for just under two years, best thing i ever did to the car was getting rid of them

( Oh... no offence meant to anyone who still has / wants these, nor to the chap in the photo above Smile lol )
Hi all
thanks for the replies, i hope you can find the set of 4 std springs you think you have Tracy, if so could you let me know, and i will sort out the details from there.
I will keep the others in mind for if Tracy cannot find hers. and perhaps someone will come up with a back set.
As to what is standard, i mean the height they were at as they came out of the factory. All the pictures in the brochures show the cars with a good 2/3" above the wheels, that is how i think they should look, My old car was std, and i much prefer it to the one i have now, which is right down on the top of the tyres.
Of course this is only my preference, and not meant to say lowered cars are bad, just what i like. i am not bothered about the handling, i only want to pose in it!
Regards Nick
Nick,

When I said we didn't have any of those original front springs....I was wrong! Chris pointed me at a seperate box that I hadn't seen - we have about 10 sets of the fronts - some new unused - the others S/H.

Let me know if you still need them...

Sorry!

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
PJ Grady (Europe) Wrote:Nick,

When I said we didn't have any of those original front springs....I was wrong! Chris pointed me at a seperate box that I hadn't seen - we have about 10 sets of the fronts - some new unused - the others S/H.

Darren

Thats great news, more the merrier... Personally i like the panda .... Smile Smile Smile lol

[Image: spring.jpg]
Hi,

Do you still have the lowered springs? I'm after a set.

Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Hi Darren, i have sent you a message about my springs, Ta Nick.
#5124 Grey Manual,now roadworthy