Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headliner Removal
Ive looked up headliner removal in the factory manual and cant quite follow what it says to do. It mentions cutting the fabric in order to get the pieces out (the T piece and back piece)?. Do the pieces slide out or is there any form of screw/bolt attatchment to hold them up? The diagram was pretty bleak and I couldnt make out much detail of the parts.

Not making anymoves yet, just planning for the off-road winter season Smile

Cheers
Hi Scott,
I did mine over the winter, to replace the headlining, its pretty simple to do.
Remove the sun visors- just a couple of Phillips screws, then ease the rubbers away from around the door frames, the lining is held behind them.
At the rear remove the screws which hold the two plastic facia's that come up to meet the headlining.
Once you've done this, the two T' shaped pieces slide back & forth. i.e. the front one slides back & the back one slides forward.
There are a couple of sort of channel sections attached to the head-board on the inside & to the car roof, these 'clip' inside each other & hold it aloft.
When you have re-covered the headlining (if that what you are doing)make sure you leave approx 25mm or so hanging over the board edging, this can then be 'tucked' back under the rubbers when its all back in.
Julian
[Image: DeloreanSig.jpg]
....oh and put lots of sheets down inside the car to catch all the dusty crap that comes down with them Smile

I used cellulose thinners to remove the foam and glue left on the headboards, then painted the boards with watered down PVA glue to allow the new spray glue / foam to stick.

This might help a little:-

http://lukesandel.com/auto/delorean/rep ... liner.html

http://www.time-traveler.org/delorean/H ... liners.htm
Cheers guys, reading now!

Ta!
Took the main section out today, Really was a good idea putting sheets down!
Verging on off topic, Interior Light.

Is the metal plate that the light fits into suppost to be attatched to the headboard? Cause if it is, mines come off :p
And that design for the light clip is awful! I have a new one on the way from DMC Europe. I assume this fits better as it says that on the site. Is there a way to access the bulb for changing without removing the whole section again?

If its the case that it has to come off, Is it possible for the light to function correctly when an LED replacement bulb is put in?

Aaaaand finally, What type of bulb is it on Ultra LED's? :p

Cheers!
dmcscott2002 Wrote:Took the main section out today, Really was a good idea putting sheets down!
Verging on off topic, Interior Light.

Is the metal plate that the light fits into suppost to be attatched to the headboard? Cause if it is, mines come off :p
And that design for the light clip is awful! I have a new one on the way from DMC Europe. I assume this fits better as it says that on the site. Is there a way to access the bulb for changing without removing the whole section again?

If its the case that it has to come off, Is it possible for the light to function correctly when an LED replacement bulb is put in?

Aaaaand finally, What type of bulb is it on Ultra LED's? :p

Cheers!

Yes the plate supposed to glued to the rear of the headliner Smile

The origional light fitting can be removed without pulling the whole headliner, im sure Ed's new one will do just the same , be nice to see a picture of your new holder matey.... yes the the origional ones are fantastic !! Smile