Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lancia montecarlo
now these i do like, ebay item # 270166661914 TT reminds me of a mini me de
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
These are one of my favourite cars, have owned 3 all together. when i got into Deloreans, i could not believe how close they are in looks, the front nosecone, and the flying buttresses down the back, all very similar in design,
Was always a puzzle to note that Pinninfarina did the Monte in the early 70s, Guiguaro did the de in the mid 70s did he copy a few design features? maybe, but either way thet are both very attractive cars.
Prob is with montes, they would have lasted much better if they were built out of stainless. I restored 2 of my 3, i they seriously rot, and in the strangest of places.
Nick.
PS. anyone ever had a toyota sera, i have had 3 of them as well, very interesting car as a daily runner, if you are into Deloreans.
Birchy Wrote:PS. anyone ever had a toyota sera, i have had 3 of them as well, very interesting car as a daily runner, if you are into Deloreans.

We've got 2 Phase III Sera's here at the moment, a turquoise blue 1993 (vin #16075), and the remains of a 1994 car, vin #16501, which was bought for spares as it had been written off in an accident. #16501 is one of the last Phase III cars in the UK, there are only 2 or 3 higher vins known to the Sera club.

The blue one is quite rare as it has a manual gearbox, and it is also fitted with the 'super live surround sound' stereo too.

This is the black one - we were lifting the bodyshell up to remove the engine and gearbox - it cant come through the top because of the mounting points and battery tray.

[Image: sera2.jpg]

And this is the turquoise one - apparantly a very rare colour!

[Image: sera1.jpg]
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie