Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
delorean battery
CCA = cold-crank-amps. The starter will draw the most current when the engine is cold. The D engine is fairly low compression and has a big flywheel so the force required to crank it is pretty low compared to a big diesel, for example.

The Hawker Red Top that came in my Venturi is only 30Ah but does 1200CCA... not that I can tell a difference.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
Well I think I will pull the sucker out when I get home and bring it back to Halfords tomorrow and exchange it for the larger HCB096 Calcium.

Since fitting the DVD,AMP and Camera I have noticed a severe loss of power and my 4 year old battery is on its last legs. My Alternator is a John Hervey D110 and is more than capable of charging this new monster battery.
Alistair McCann
Northern Ireland
1981 Delorean #Vin Pilot 25
1989 Renault Alpine GTA Atmo.
Pilot25dmc Wrote:Well I think I will pull the sucker out when I get home and bring it back to Halfords tomorrow and exchange it for the larger HCB096 Calcium.

Since fitting the DVD,AMP and Camera I have noticed a severe loss of power and my 4 year old battery is on its last legs. My Alternator is a John Hervey D110 and is more than capable of charging this new monster battery.

Good idea, just cut a piece of ply and paint black to sit in the battery 'well' the new battery will still fit in the compartment ... Ive had the 096 battery for well over 3 years now
wow, fitted the 096 today and it has amazing power!!

My car used to cold crank for maybe 10 seconds if I left the car for a week or so. This morning with the temperature about 7 degrees and the car sitting since Friday it fired up in around 2 seconds!

Just goes to show that a fresh battery can breath new life into a car.
Alistair McCann
Northern Ireland
1981 Delorean #Vin Pilot 25
1989 Renault Alpine GTA Atmo.
If you're gonna have one, have a big one 8)

Big-NickT Big Grin
NickT Wrote:If you're gonna have one, have a big one 8)

Big-NickT Big Grin

That's good advice......

:wink: