Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeLorean Australia Web Site
Recieved an email from one of our fellow enthusiasts in Australia, why not check their site out :wink:

http://www.zeta.org.au/~lanceh/delorean/
That's the most RHD's I've ever seen !!!

Most of them aftermarket conversions, but there's vin #510, one of the first 10 cars built and apparently a factory-commissioned RHD !

Cool !

Tris 8)
DOC #230

VIN 11477 Jan '82
2010 Range Rover V8
2013 Mini Cooper S Works

Tristan J Carroll
Swansea, South Wales
Yeah wicked! Never knew you could even get RHD conversions! Must cost a fortune! Great find!
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
--------------------------
http://www.carpromos.co.uk
Oooh. Alex and I are going to Sydney in January, would be cool to meet up with some Aussie D owner’s right over the other side of the world! 8)

Didn't one of our club members recently moved to Australia?

Best Regards

Carl
DOC361
Sounds like the perfect chance to write an article for the DOC Mag Carl! :wink:

Best wishes,
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
Yes, good call Phil! :wink:

Does anyone know any of the owners over there?

I will try and contact them, and see if they would fancy a mini meet, outside the Sydney Opera House would be cool, and would make for some stunning photo's. 8)

One thing I have noticed though looking at their website, a lot of the cars are off the road at the mo. Sad

Best Regards

Carl
DOC361
Hi Carl

Try :-

Email:-

lanceh@zeta.org.au

Lance Haslewood is the man in the know over there
Will do

Cheers Mike :wink:

Best Regards

Carl
DOC361
Hi Carl,

Yep it was me that moved here! arrived on 10th october.. lance is a top bloke to deal with i've been intouch with him for about 18months.. i'm about 20minutes from fellow Oz owner Andrew prentis, i live at Newport which is the northern beaches of sydney and have arranged to go see him and soon as i left my 'd' back in the uk for now!! Sad

let me know when you are out and i'll see if i can help with some arranging as lance actually lives in queensland..although dont hold your breath on a meet at the opera house!! :wink:

Craig
vinn 2927
ukdoc 246
Ozdoc...still waiting!
Hey Craig, hope you are well.

I've sent you PM matey, let us know what you think. :wink:

Best Regards

Carl
DOC361
LOL. My car's pics is still on there! :lol:
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

[Image: signature.jpg]
Hi everyone, hope you are all keeping well. Big Grin

I have been away for a while, down under as it were! :roll:

Alex and I visited Sydney for a few weeks, and have only just recovered! I WILL NEVER UNDERESTIMATE JET LAG AGAIN!!! Shock

Still, we had the holiday of a lifetime, highlights among others included climbing the actual Harbour Bridge, visiting the Opera House and the Blue Mountains as well as seeing Little Britain Live and unexpectandly meeting a long lost cousin who lives in Perth! Shock

However, amazingly we also managed to meet up with fellow DOC member Craig Ashton-Ridley whilst over there! Unfortunately, we didn't get to see any Aussie D's, as Craig's car is still over here at the minute, and the Aussie owners weren't about at the time. Sad

As it turned out, it was only a minor setback as Craig is a really top bloke and it was great for both of us just to be able to exchange stories about all things DMC! All this whilst sitting back chilling with a few beers on Palm Beach (the same beach they film Home & Away on!) Shock I can now see the appeal of the Aussie lifestyle, as Craig has certainly adapted to it quite nicely! 8)

Anyhoo, back to reality now and raring to continue the chase for the dream, as the passion and enthusiasm is back and stronger than ever! Big Grin

That said, roll on Eurotech! Woo Hoo! Big Grin

Best regards

Carl

Looking forward to seeing you all here in Norfolk again in June! Big Grin
Outatime Wrote:LOL. My car's pics is still on there! :lol:

Are you the guy that bought Dennis Huang's DeLorean?

Rick
Carl Hammond Wrote:Hi everyone, hope you are all keeping well. Big Grin

I have been away for a while, down under as it were! :roll:

Alex and I visited Sydney for a few weeks, and have only just recovered! I WILL NEVER UNDERESTIMATE JET LAG AGAIN!!! Shock

Still, we had the holiday of a lifetime, highlights among others included climbing the actual Harbour Bridge, visiting the Opera House and the Blue Mountains as well as seeing Little Britain Live and unexpectandly meeting a long lost cousin who lives in Perth! Shock

However, amazingly we also managed to meet up with fellow DOC member Craig Ashton-Ridley whilst over there! Unfortunately, we didn't get to see any Aussie D's, as Craig's car is still over here at the minute, and the Aussie owners weren't about at the time. Sad

As it turned out, it was only a minor setback as Craig is a really top bloke and it was great for both of us just to be able to exchange stories about all things DMC! All this whilst sitting back chilling with a few beers on Palm Beach (the same beach they film Home & Away on!) Shock I can now see the appeal of the Aussie lifestyle, as Craig has certainly adapted to it quite nicely! 8)

Anyhoo, back to reality now and raring to continue the chase for the dream, as the passion and enthusiasm is back and stronger than ever! Big Grin

That said, roll on Eurotech! Woo Hoo! Big Grin

Best regards

Carl

Glad to hear you had an awesome holiday! It's a shame we couldn't arrange any DeLoreans for the occasion. The most we've had in one place at one time was 3! All of them RHD. That was in western Sydney in 2001. We're hoping to top that this year at our first official meet in Canberra.

[Image: pic_gen.jpg]
Hi Rick,

As you say over there, no worries mate! :wink:

Anyway, I'm sure my wife and I will be back again someday now we've had a taste of the Aussie lifestyle, it's very addictive! Big Grin

All the best with your planned meet in October mate.

Best Regards

Carl