Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battery recess
Hi all, Big Grin

I was wondering if I can ask a big favour from somebody please?

I was looking for the exact measurement of the recess area where the original sized battery would fit.

Reason for asking is I have just purchased a new battery (Halfords HCB096 Calcium battery) but it is much larger than the standard size!

However, after speaking to Nick T, it is entirely possible to fit this battery in the compartment.

However, to do this, I would have to fill the recess area with a piece of wood, this would enable the new battery to sit level in the compartment area.

This is where you lot come in, as I need to cut out the correct sized piece of wood to fit, and the trouble is I have absolutely no room to work in without pushing the car out (and that's not easy on your own) and I can't get to the area to even measure it! :roll:

Would appreciate anyones help me out on this please? Big Grin

Thanks
Carl & Alex Hammond
DOC361
VIN#11777 (don't ask!!) Sad
Norfolk
My thoughts are just get a 3/4" thick piece of plywood in the bottom of the battery recess too... i supose if you cant measure the 'hole' at the mo you wont get the battery in either Smile It cant be any bigger than 8" x 10" ??

I had no joy getting a battery the same size as the origional. Things might have changed since then (3 years)

At lot of us 'up here' the same halfords battery as you , the D needs a nice powerful battery ... just like the one you have bought Smile
The last battery was Halford's and lasted just over 4 years before it started to leak and not hold quite the charge it once did. I bought the replacement that was an extra £10 and although the same size it was more 'beefy'. From memory it drops nicely down into recess, I don't remember any modifications being already in place to allow it to sit any more securely...

I don't have my car at the moment to measure it for you but could you not fold the passenger seat forward and kneel on the drivers seat enabling you to lean down and over into the recess...
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
yea chris you need that type of battey to run whats in your car :lol:
If you really want power from your battery, there's another option.
Leakfree, and it provides 800 amps.

Optima Yellow battery's. They are a bit larger but they fit in the compartment.

Here's the link.

http://www.optimabatteries.com/publish/ ... cycle.html
Laurent Wery
www.laurentwery.com
Delorean DMC-012
Vin #3177