Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Good Cars...
Saw this website and thought it was a good price indicator...

http://carsforsale.classifieds1000.com/m...c/Delorean
Alexander Adams
Hull, East Yorkshire
DOC member - 389
Reg of first D experience - HEC 6T
For the US maybe!

As a general point - we've started to see the price for DeLoreans rising over the last couple of years.

In 2005, a good quality car was selling for around £15500 - £16000
In 2006, the same car would have sold for £16000 - £16500.
In 2007 (so far) the same car would have sold for £16500 - £17000.

Obviously there is a lot of variance between cars - so the distribution of ptrices varies - but we're finding that top end cars are easily fetching £18k plus.

There is still the odd car for £14k or less - although these are starting to become harder to come by.

Anyone with savings looking to buy a car soon should really look to importing - the $ rate is so favourable right now - you can get a lot for your money.
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
argh hope they dont shoot up too much, i want to get one next year for around 16k
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Come on Mike ....you can do it buddy !!!
heh yea, im thinking about a 3-4 year loan just to finish off the savings, ive been looking into it and i can afford that, but it would be nice to get one and not haveto worry somuch about soaring prices, lol
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Sorry Mike - they'll all be £18k by then!!!!!!!!

You'll always be £500 short!

There's no shortage of cars for sale - we are in the process of importing another 5 as I type - and we've sold quite a few this year ranging from £15k to £20k.
I've also got my eye on 'something special' - which I hope to get over here soon...if the owner will let it go...

Importing is definately the way to go - unless you see a really good car already here for a decent price.

I'll be adding some importing detail to the www.pjgrady.co.uk website shortly - which explains how to get the £50 flat duty rate.

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
Well , its your decision at the end of the day, but like Darren has said, I have seen prices creeping up especially over the last year. So If you do decide to run with one from the 'US' and sitting on the fence here, I would have a word with PJGrady about importing one.
I agree Bozzy - the dollar rate hasnt been this much in our favour for a long time. Phill bought Sorbet in December 2004 when the dollar rate was around the $2 = £1 mark, he'd been watching the rates creep up and knew that if he didnt go for it (and Sorbet was being advertised stupidly cheap by a dealer in NY), he'd miss out.

Some of those cars on that site, which are currently in the low $20k's, are 'only' just over £10k, and with Darren's help importing, you could get yourself quite a bargain Mike Smile

On the subject of prices paid, who has actually got the car in the UK with the lowest purchase price? When I bought Flopsy in June 02, she was $4500, which at an exchange rate of $1.56666, meant I paid £2872.46 Big Grin (mind you, with shipping, import, and restoration costs, she now owes me in the region of £8k). I've heard rumours about a car in an orchard that was bought for £250, but dont know how true that story is....... :?

Cheers,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
yea it does sound tempting at times to go for one of these 10k cars and do it up over time, thus not requiring a loan at all, but i think id rather have 3-4years of loan time and a good reliable runner

oh and dont you just hate how when ppl sell there d's on ebay they rarely post pics of the frame
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Cheapest car - Chris Nicholson - he was given a DeLorean in exchange for some work he did on another car!

We've bought cars in the past for as little as $3000 (£1500).

But don't be under any illusion though - a car that cheap is a real POS - and we'd spend at least £7500 worth of parts to get the car OK - plus hours and hours of garage time.

If you're importing - allow around £3000 for the charges and the VAT. I'd still budget around £14k - but you'd probably get a little more than you would buying a straight £14k UK car.

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
14k plus the 3k for import, or at least 14k for the car imported?
DOC 527
Vin #10264
PJ Grady (Europe) Wrote:Cheapest car - Chris Nicholson - he was given a DeLorean in exchange for some work he did on another car!Darren

I reckon Chris wins then!!! :lol:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
talking of Chris, i saw TRK today, and to be honest i couldn't take my eyes off it, and i can honestly say, by what he has done on it so far, it will be the best lhd by far. Just think of a mirror with light grain in it, damn awsome, makes mine look like a dull fart :lol: :lol: :lol:
TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
MikeH Wrote:heh yea, im thinking about a 3-4 year loan just to finish off the savings, ive been looking into it and i can afford that, but it would be nice to get one and not haveto worry somuch about soaring prices, lol

Yeah I'm in the same position... I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and just ask Darren if he wouldn't mind getting me a DeLorean in a couple of months :-) Don't want to miss out on the exchange rate.
Simon Brewer,
DOC Member #517
VIN #4748
sweet, unfortunatly i haveto wait till april for mine, but if you can get one in a few months go for itSmile
DOC 527
Vin #10264