Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTD: Full set of headlights.
I've just noticed Dan's "quote of the month" - very clever, Dan. That comment was aimed at me on the Alpine forum. Can I use the word "petty" now? Points for imagination though.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
Calm down Martin, haven't you heard of free speech, i have
TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Hi All,

First of all the Halo LED lights can be failed on an MOT. The light is blue and not white, if you recall we tried to get BLUE tinted H4 blubs to match them but failed. It is up to the discretion of the MOT Tester on how much they go by the book when it says WHITE side lights.

Second, Martin, your starting again. Why do you have to go around different forums picking fights with people ? Im not trying to earn points here.

The Quote of the month I have was sent to me from 2 different members of the Renault Alpine forum. No one on here cares about mine and your differences so just stop it. If you want I'll remove the Quote, you only had to ask :roll:

Im just trying to help the Delorean Community. Remember doing that ? Helping not lecturing them ! It's funny how you only post when you have something to sell.

Please understand that I really dont care about you or what you do Martin, I'm just getting on with life. If my Quote upset you then I apologise.

This is THE last time I will enter into communications with you, do not address me directly again.

Sorry to you all for this, Again. I have no intention of bringing this up.

Dan Big Grin
stunned_monkey Wrote:I've just noticed Dan's "quote of the month" - very clever, Dan. That comment was aimed at me on the Alpine forum. Can I use the word "petty" now? Points for imagination though.

Martin, you've just brought it to everyones attention now instead of it being a daft signature. Bit silly in my opinion as some may now use an internet search engine, type in the quote and find out what all the fuss is about! :o

NickT.
stunned_monkey Wrote:Hi All

The Hella headlights were a cross reference that I found many moons ago for Claire's car back when it was Dave's. .

Excuse me Martin!

Flopsy was NEVER Daves car - I paid for it - and I'll show anyone who disputes this the confirmation letter from HSBC of them transferring the money from my bank account. Flopsy has always been registered in my name & taxed and insured by me.

When I bought the car 5 years ago, the intention was for Dave to pay me back for it and buy it off me, but he soon realised - especially after DMUK started - that he would never have the money to repay me for it and said that the car might as well stay as being mine.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I reckon the Halo lights look fab! Although I still think, personally, I would want them as white as possible, so that there is no um'ing and err'ing when MOT time comes about. I remember Martin's Halo's in Soho and they looked great, if a little blue lol, but its with anything additional with cars these days, the powers that be might or might not like them, so I guess it would be trial and error? I mean how hard would it be to swap the LED's for white-er ones?
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
--------------------------
http://www.carpromos.co.uk
Jonny Jones Wrote:I reckon the Halo lights look fab!
If you buy a car with them already fitted, my advice would be to replace the connections on the wiring if they have been fitted with scotchlocks. I was getting hacked off with having to pull my front grille out all the time and waggle the wires to make the lights come on, so now they've been properly soldered and then heatshink used to seal the wires. Now I can wash my car or go over a bump in the road without the worry of having to sort out my headlights everytime .... Smile This is just from my own personal experience, others may have different ones to me.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
ooooh scotchlocks ! :twisted:

NickT
Claire Usher Wrote:[Image: halo1.jpg]

hello all.

the car's starting to come together now and I've purchase the Hella outers (as claire has on her car above.)

What are the other options for the inners to accomodate a side light function?

at the moment, both my inners and outers are sealed units.
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
As far as I understand it the 'Halo's' are the sidelight function arnt they? Thats why most people have only these as the sidelights and normal just dipped beam outer ones? (although I do stand to be corrected on this) Certinally thats how mine are as sold to me by DMUK, and it's past the MOT all OK like this.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Chris & Suz Williams Wrote:As far as I understand it the 'Halo's' are the sidelight function arnt they? Thats why most people have only these as the sidelights and normal just dipped beam outer ones? (although I do stand to be corrected on this) Certinally thats how mine are as sold to me by DMUK, and it's past the MOT all OK like this.
Chris

Yes that is correct Chris Smile

Still wish i could find a source for this indicatOr with the side light built in ...
[Image: DSCF0007SIDELIGHINDICATORSmall.jpg]
Chris & Suz Williams Wrote:As far as I understand it the 'Halo's' are the sidelight function arnt they? Thats why most people have only these as the sidelights and normal just dipped beam outer ones? (although I do stand to be corrected on this) Certinally thats how mine are as sold to me by DMUK, and it's past the MOT all OK like this.
Chris

hi

yes, sorry that's what i mean't by 'other' option. i.e. not halos Smile

Bozzzy, how long have you been looking for an equivalent of the indicators with the side light in? if it's years and years, I'll know there's not much luck in me finding any. Smile

another thing. in claire's picture in the outer hella lens there's a bulb holder on the bottom right hand side (you can just about make it out). what's that used for? could that be used if you put a clear bulb in and wire it in to the side light?
- Dave Smith

Barson Wrote:Bozzzy, how long have you been looking for an equivalent of the indicators with the side light in? if it's years and years, I'll know there's not much luck in me finding any. Smile

Well i could look a lot lot harder if i had time Smile , obviously seeing the car above in person and getting some part numbers off it would help Smile

Personally think they look great on the car.
which car is that?

it's not the one at that motor museum, is it?
- Dave Smith

I know this has little to do with the subject, but my car still has the indicators as front side lights, as per U.S. spec & no rear fogs. I have about ten MOT cert's for it & have never had a problem at the test centre.
[Image: DeloreanSig.jpg]