Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car for sale
Hi all, not new to the club, but first time on the forum, have after much soul searching decided its time for my Delorean to go. I have sent details to Mike Bosworth, with some specs and specific instructions. Basically its a grey auto that need some final finishing, with all the hard work done. runs drives stops, prob only needs fog lamp for test, very very low recorded milage! Dave Howarth knows of the car, and some details as well, but please dont contact him or Mike unless you are genuinly interested, as thier time is valuble, and i do not want lookers or messers, it is not going for peanuts, nor is it a silly price, just want back somewhere close to what ive spent, which is probably more than i really think, but i dont want to add it up or i will be upset! best regards Nick.
Birchy Wrote:Hi all, not new to the club, but first time on the forum, have after much soul searching decided its time for my Delorean to go. I have sent details to Mike Bosworth, with some specs and specific instructions. Basically its a grey auto that need some final finishing, with all the hard work done. runs drives stops, prob only needs fog lamp for test, very very low recorded milage! Dave Howarth knows of the car, and some details as well, but please dont contact him or Mike unless you are genuinly interested, as thier time is valuble, and i do not want lookers or messers, it is not going for peanuts, nor is it a silly price, just want back somewhere close to what ive spent, which is probably more than i really think, but i dont want to add it up or i will be upset! best regards Nick.

what's the price?
Aaron May

DOC: 573
VIN: 16723 - the LPG delorean

1999 Corsa 1.2L GLS Auto

The Wii-Master!
He is 'looking for offers around £13000 for it'
[Image: untitled12.jpg]

[Image: untitled11.jpg]

[Image: untitled10.jpg]
So, how much work would something like this need to become a good example? Smile
DOC577
Well to be clear in this case i dont know much more about it.

Closer inspection of any car is needed rather than just photos , but once you know what to look for then you can make a reasonable assesment of this.
bozzzydmc Wrote:Well to be clear in this case i dont know much more about it.

Closer inspection of any car is needed rather than just photos , but once you know what to look for then you can make a reasonable assesment of this.

I guess it's a hard balance whether to buy and repair or buy one that seems to be in great/fantastic nick from the start :?:

- Obviously that comment is in no way to take away from this sale Smile
DOC577
Yes im sure it is.

A good inspection of the underbody/ chassis is always needed with older cars especially with DeLoreans .
Looks like it just needs some cosmetics (ie outer rub strips that are missing) and possibly part of the driver's interior door handle?

I would have thought these are parts which could be sourced from Dave Howarth/PJ Grady/DMCH/Ebay.

Most of us have a fog light mod where the back lights are 'rewired' so that normally you have 4 brake lights, but when the fogs are on you have the outer lights as brakes and the inner ones as fogs. It saves having a fog lamp bolted to your rear fascia and is quite a neat solution. There are more techy people on here who can explain how to do it Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Paul,

Only you know how hands on you want to be. It will always cost more in the long run to buy a cheaper car and pay someone else to work on it for you. If you want to work on it yourself you will save some £££ for sure but although the parts are cheap on a DeLorean unless you get the car for the right price you could take a £13k spend £10k (cosmetics/mechanicals) on it and it will still be at best a £19-£20k car absolute tops.

As Claire says, the most important thing to check is the state of the chassis. If possible always drive(or have it driven) to a garage so you can get it on a lift.

I like the chart by the way! Smile
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Claire Usher Wrote:Most of us have a fog light mod where the back lights are 'rewired' so that normally you have 4 brake lights, but when the fogs are on you have the outer lights as brakes and the inner ones as fogs. It saves having a fog lamp bolted to your rear fascia and is quite a neat solution. There are more techy people on here who can explain how to do it Smile

Urmmm... why do i still have a big red 'blob' under my back bumper....

Still at least i didnt have the largest aftermarket fog light did i Mr Chris Bale Smile Smile Smile
I have to say I hadnt noticed the red blob on your rear end Mr B :wink:
Arh because i keep it tucked well away ....

I fold it backwards and up most of the time Wink
Shock i'm really not sure how to respond to that

oh, you mean your rear fog light!!! ah, I see!!!! :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
this looks good from the pics.

when buying any D, even in fantasic condition, i'd still budget for some expenses, you always need to with classics.

just one rear tyre will be £120 ish for instance.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Thanks for all who read my ad, and to Mike for his responces to some, the car is now sold. thanls.