Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELPING HAND FOR CHRIS RENOLDS
HI

taking to mr back to the future man in bristol and i done part fix for him to get to france over the weekend to do work but can not think of the part no. or is it just a normal one to replace it its the thoermosat in the pip on the left hand side of the engine with the two wires come of it i told chris to join them for the weekend to make the fans run to keep the temp down all went well but need to know this part please any takers
:?:
sounds like the otterstat Glen - I've got mine 'jumped' to run constantly - too many overheating problems in the past ...... :roll: ) - there's a thread in the forum somewhere - I think John Tien started it - asking for the part number. I seem to recall someone saying it was the same as a Metro?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=735
Cheers Claire, Glen and Mike! I am tempted to just leave it bypassed like yours Claire. I didnt take the car to France as I was otherwised occupied but my brother did, he said it would still increase in temp quite quickly (without fans on) if they went up a steady hill etc. which you would imagine. I was always under the ipression the fans come on and off quite frequently as and when they are needed, hence the switch, but I am guessing they pretty much stay on all the time once up to temp in this weather, you just cant hear them.

Anyway, she is back on home soil now.

Thanks or or help!
Chris Reynolds
www.deloreanhire.com