Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seat Removal
Hello. 8)

I need your help.

To cut a long story short, I need to re-attach the handbrake cable nipples to the handbrake handle mechanism. To do this I need to remove my driver's side seat. (LHD) to get proper access to the handbrake.

Can anybody give us some quick advice on the best way to do this? I've located, underneath the rear of the seat, two square nuts that i believe are holding the seat to the rails (is this right?). Are there any other nuts holding the seat down? and is there anything else i need to look at first before I do this? :? :oops: :lol:

I'm being quite cheap and cheaky in asking this, because im in the midst of purchasing a set of manuals, which would probably tell me all I need to know...

thanks!
Barson.
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
Barson Wrote:Hello. 8)

I need your help.

To cut a long story short, I need to re-attach the handbrake cable nipples to the handbrake handle mechanism. To do this I need to remove my driver's side seat. (LHD) to get proper access to the handbrake.

Can anybody give us some quick advice on the best way to do this? I've located, underneath the rear of the seat, two square nuts that i believe are holding the seat to the rails (is this right?). Are there any other nuts holding the seat down? and is there anything else i need to look at first before I do this? :? :oops: :lol:

I'm being quite cheap and cheaky in asking this, because im in the midst of purchasing a set of manuals, which would probably tell me all I need to know...

thanks!
Barson.

The seat is held down via its runners to the floor through the black fibre glass if you look underneath the car you will see 4 big nuts and washers holding it down ...simple when you know eh Smile
BOZZZY!

all done. cheers mate. I now have handbrake working on both rear wheels! :lol:

Although I did screw up by over-tightening the one of the under side bolts on the handbrake bracket, sheering off the screw... bummer. :roll:

cheers
Barson Smile
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193