Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carb set on ebay
geez, they went for a lot of money!! I was looking at a set of twin 40 webers for Rapey which were on Holbay manifolds (Rapier H120 and Hillman Hunter GLS) a few weeks back - I thought they were dear when I got outbid at £146!!
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Delorean-PRV-EFI- ... dZViewItem

if carbs are not for you prehaps an EFI set, give you something to do Shock

nothing to do with me BTW!

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I'll start the bidding at 99p, shall I?

Watch the thing rocket like the other thing did.... :oops:
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
ey up, friends.

If you're interested I e-mailed the seller about the efi intake.

Basically I was asking what the diameter of the air intake aperture was. I was bothered that it'd be too small for the Delorean considering that the manifold was pulled off of a 2.5L engine and the Delorean was a stock 2849cc.

I got this response, if anyone's intersted (I know people off this forum have already bid :p ):

"Hi Dave,

The air intake (throttle body) is 55mm which has proved effective in powering a certain 3.0 PRV I know of to 330BHP, so absolutely no problems with the Delorean’s 2849CC. I had planned on fitting this to my own 2849cc odd fire PRV (same as Delorean) albeit with wilder cams and higher comp ratio, but have decided to fit a 3.0 engine and twin turbocharge instead.

The 55m throttle body is fitted to every Renault Variant of the PRV which includes all naturally aspirated engines in the range, and they all make considerably more HP than the D engine with this.

The 55mm throttle is just about perfect for the D engine...it's tried and tested!Smile

Thanks"

55mm intake against 80mm of the stock D.

Discussion?

Am I an idiot for assuming that a 55mm aperture on the intake on a 2849cc engine would make the stock Delorean more asthmatic than usual?

cheers.

EDIT: 80mm across
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
The 'plate on a D (and a Volvo B28) may well be 80mm across, but the plate doesn't open fully. It just depresses by a few mm so the available passage for the air is only a segment of 80mm.

The EFI throttle body on the Volvo B280 is about 2.5" and that engine makes 170bhp - comfortably more than the D's engine, and if I'm right, the most powerful of all the normally aspirated 12v PRV's.
Life begins at 90 degrees....