Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WANTED: OEM plastic coolant tank
If any of you hoarders have an original plastic coolant expansion tank tucked away in a cupboard or sitting up in the attic, then please drop me a line. I'm looking for one which is preferably unused but I will of course consider used examples with no cracking and minimal discoloration.

Cheers,

Phil Peters
(e) editor@deloreans.co.uk
(t) +447760 214546
Oh so you wouldnt want Peter F 's one then Smile

Personally if your looking for one of these i would go with a new OEM one bud, rather than a good looking new one .

Has Ed got a 'new' one ??
I've got one Phil, I changed mine for a Stainless one about a month after I bought my car, mainly to add some Bling! The best person to ask on its actual condition is ChrisS, as the car used to belong to him. Since taking it off the car, I washed it out, Dried it out, and put it in the shed with some other parts. It dont look bad, but like I said, ask Chris. If its what you are looking for, let me know, and we can arrange to get it to you somehow.

Cheers

Ben
Word of caution with these old plastic expansion bottles, 2 of them have exploded on cars here this very weekend!

It has been boiling hot since Monday and 2 bottles went in the space of 3 days.

If your car is not concourse I would be safe and buy a metal bottle, the chances of it happening are slim but I would rather not take the chance.
Alistair McCann
Northern Ireland
1981 Delorean #Vin Pilot 25
1989 Renault Alpine GTA Atmo.