Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minehead DeLorean photo op
I’ll apologise now if this one has already been hit, but I’m in Minehead right now and after playing some slots in the beach front arcade, instead of looking down all the time, I looked up.  Low and behold I saw this right above my head!

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this.  The car? The owner?  When it was taken?

Attached Files Image(s)

Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
(15 Aug 2023, 11:40)Rissy Wrote: I’ll apologise now if this one has already been hit, but I’m in Minehead right now and after playing some slots in the beach front arcade, instead of looking down all the time, I looked up.  Low and behold I saw this right above my head!

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this.  The car? The owner?  When it was taken?

Mobile Phone signal has been on and off terrible.  Attempt No. two from the hotel room and laptop on hot spot! (Can't edit previous post. Not enough priviliges)

Attached Files Image(s)

Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
Have you got a better photo of the number plate?
DOC 116
VIN 6237
If you view the above picture on a laptop you’ll see to the right I’ve got a close up shot of the license plate which is off the page on mobile view (picture scaling is terrible here!).

I *think* it’s OOP 6?X. Can’t quite make out the ?. If I get another chance to look at the photograph this week, I’ll confirm the best I can. It’s up high, so got the best shot I could.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
not ringing any bells with me I'm afraid
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
So I talked to one of the guys who works at the arcades and he says the photo is about 25yrs old now. The car belonged to the owner of the arcade back in the day. He says it spent more time in storage than being enjoyed. He doesn’t know if the chap still owns it or not, but he says he also owned Volvos etc, so this might be where the license plate has been moved now. I looked through the allowed options on the DVLA license plate checker and see that the various number options are attached to a few different makes of cars, like Ford, Vauxhall, Austin and Volvo.

I suspect the plate has been taken off the car now. Don’t know where the car ended up. I took the best photo I could, but it’s the wall mounted photo which is blurred around the license plate unfortunately. I suspect this will be the end of the story without talking to the PO.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
its not a car I'm aware of, the only person who might know it is Dave Howarth, but
it could have been re-registered, or even exported by now.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Something rings a bell about that registration but cant think why.....
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584