Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tristan J Carroll
Hi All, 

some of you may know via Facebook, that sadly Tris passed away earlier this week 
after a long battle with illness.

Our thoughts are with his wife Joanne and his daughter Megan, and all his family and 
friends at this sad time.

His DeLorean 'TCZ' has recently gone to a new owner near Mansfield, and remains in 
the DOC-UK family.  Ironically, Tris driving TCZ is the Club calendar picture for this month.

A full tribute to Tris will be in the next issue of DeLorean News, which should be out 
within the next few weeks.

RIP mate
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Tristan lived quite local to me so I've had the privilege of spending some time with him over the last few years and getting to know him over our shared love of a particular car. I'm still a non-owner, hoping to be one one day. He was always so happy to show off his car and talk practicalities and pitfalls of ownership. He took me out for a couple of drives to his favourite haunts in Swansea where the car always drew attention. Always happy to engage in curiosity and questions from the passing public. He was one of the friendliest, kindest guys I've ever met and I'm desperately saddened at his passing.

We've lost a good one.
Yes, it's was with huge sadness I read about Tris, He's been active with DeLoreans for a lot longer than most of us and was a great person to know as well. All our condolences to his family
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
(07 Jul 2023, 22:18)mattjeh Wrote: Tristan lived quite local to me so I've had the privilege of spending some time with him over the last few years and getting to know him over our shared love of a particular car. I'm still a non-owner, hoping to be one one day. He was always so happy to show off his car and talk practicalities and pitfalls of ownership. He took me out for a couple of drives to his favourite haunts in Swansea where the car always drew attention. Always happy to engage in curiosity and questions from the passing public. He was one of the friendliest, kindest guys I've ever met and I'm desperately saddened at his passing.

We've lost a good one.

lovely words Matt, do you mind if I quote you in the tribute to Tris in the Club Mag?
(09 Jul 2023, 20:31)Guinney1971 Wrote:
(07 Jul 2023, 22:18)mattjeh Wrote: Tristan lived quite local to me so I've had the privilege of spending some time with him over the last few years and getting to know him over our shared love of a particular car. I'm still a non-owner, hoping to be one one day. He was always so happy to show off his car and talk practicalities and pitfalls of ownership. He took me out for a couple of drives to his favourite haunts in Swansea where the car always drew attention. Always happy to engage in curiosity and questions from the passing public. He was one of the friendliest, kindest guys I've ever met and I'm desperately saddened at his passing.

We've lost a good one.

lovely words Matt, do you mind if I quote you in the tribute to Tris in the Club Mag?

Of course, no problem.
thank you, I appreciate it.
Tristan's funeral is at 12noon on Monday 17th July at Oystermouth Cemetary, Swansea SA3 4SW, with
a wake to follow at The Bracelet, Lighthouse Bay, Swansea.

It would be great if someone from the DeLorean Community could attend, but I appreciate it may not
be possible due to work or family commitments.

Donations in his honour can be made to the Ty Olwen Patient Fund, Ty Olwen was the hospice that looked
after Tristan before he passed away. His wife, Joanne, is setting up a Go Fund Me page in his name, and
I will share the link when I get it.
(10 Jul 2023, 16:41)Guinney1971 Wrote: Tristan's funeral is at 12noon on Monday 17th July at Oystermouth Cemetary, Swansea SA3 4SW, with
a wake to follow at The Bracelet, Lighthouse Bay, Swansea.

It would be great if someone from the DeLorean Community could attend, but I appreciate it may not
be possible due to work or family commitments.

Donations in his honour can be made to the Ty Olwen Patient Fund, Ty Olwen was the hospice that looked
after Tristan before he passed away.  His wife, Joanne, is setting up a Go Fund Me page in his name, and
I will share the link when I get it.

Here is the link: https://www.justgiving.com/page/joanne-c...9000801681

Hard to believe this was 2 years ago now. Tristan had some new brake calipers to install so Stuart, Kevin and I made a day of it to assist. 

After they were installed we headed out. Heads were turned that day!

Good memories.
fantastic photos, and lovely memories.  I'll make sure the just giving link is included
in the Club Mag, as not all users have Facebook or use the Forum.
I was lucky enough to meet Tris just after he had the Delorean when it was kept at his parents house, just up the road from me. He was more than happy to take it out of the garage so I could get some good pics - one of which is still my profile picture for my work email. After the car was MOT’d and ready for the road, he kindly took me for a spin, as he had said he would -  my first ever ride  in a delorean, and being local to me, it was also the first one I had seen out on the open road. Unfortunately I was unable to buy the car from Tris, but I will never forget his kindness. RIP Tris.

Attached Files Image(s)

(10 Jul 2023, 20:53)Smithy2970 Wrote: I was lucky enough to meet Tris just after he had the Delorean when it was kept at his parents house, just up the road from me. He was more than happy to take it out of the garage so I could get some good pics - one of which is still my profile picture for my work email. After the car was MOT’d and ready for the road, he kindly took me for a spin, as he had said he would -  my first ever ride  in a delorean, and being local to me, it was also the first one I had seen out on the open road. Unfortunately I was unable to buy the car from Tris, but I will never forget his kindness. RIP Tris.

what a lovely memory and photo Smithy, its clear that Tris meant a lot to so many people
with his generosity with the car and his time.

I think we could fill an entire club magazine with photos and peoples memories of him and 
the car, he really was one of nicest people.