Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vehicle Lift Required
This is a long shot, but does anyone have access to a two or four post lift who lives reasonably close to me (Rugby)?

Not DeLorean related, but my M3 has a new rear diff sat in the dining room needing to be swapped over with the original unit still on the car, and this thing weighs a lot so it's not reasonable for me to attempt to do it myself 12" off the ground.

I had a solution available to me, but quite frankly, the chap in hand has become quit obnoxious having something held over me and repeatedly keeps developing excuses for it not being possible to help me out and further demanding that the job be done within 3hrs because he needs constant access to his lift etc.  (He shouldn't have offered me in the first place!)  The end result is that it's been months and no progress what so ever and now my MOT is looming and I have no choice but to see how she performs at the MOT and try to get the job done AFTER its MOT (which I'm hoping doesn't result in me being grounded stuck in the garage requiring a flatbed to transport it anywhere!).

BMW wont touch me with a barge pole because I never bought the replacement diff from them, so if I can't do the job myself, I'll have no choice but to go to an ordinary garage to get the job done.  I'm reluctant on this as it was an ordinary garage who baulked the current one still on the car by messing up a simple oil seal change TWICE!

I'm currently about £2500 in the hole and that's still without the unit even being swapped over yet!
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
https://www.facebook.com/MotaFix30/  don't know if you could find anything similar closer?
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Thanks Chris, I had thought of this, but there is nothing like this close to me. The original one ever in this country, which opened up in 2011 in Coventry doesn't even operate this scheme any longer.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)