Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOC 2023 Event, Malvern, Worcs. 8-10 September
Hi all,

can I first say a huge thank you to Richard Hanlon for the amazing work he's put into
organising this years DOC_UK meet up and taking on the task of sorting everything out.

We will be based at Malvern in Worcestershire, close to J7 of the M5.  The hotel we have
chosen is the Premier Inn, on Townsend Way, Malvern, WR14 1GD  Tel:  0333 321 9297.
This has an onsite restaurant and bar, and a free car park.  I would suggest you book early
to make sure as many of us as possible get to stay in the same place.
Prices are very reasonable, a double or family room there is currently £87 for the Friday and 
£116 for Saturday, so £203 in total (plus breakfast).  This is the standard, non refundable rate.
https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/...LBC_MALTOW
There are other hotels and B&B's in the area should you need to or wish to book an alternative.

Itinerary:

Friday 8th September.
Arrive at hotel from 5pm onwards, evening meal, drinks in the bar, catch up with people, etc.

Saturday 9th September:
Breakfast, then leave hotel no later then 10.30am for the short drive to the Morgan Factory, where 
we will have a factory tour (last tour is 11.30am), followed by a buffet lunch that Morgan will put on for us.
This event is being subsidised for members by the Club to show our appreciation of your continued
support over the years.  After we leave Morgan, we will have a scenic drive back to the hotel via
the Malvern Hills, a route often used by Morgan to test their cars.  There is also the option of booking a 
Morgan Experience Ride at extra cost (terms apply, see Morgan's website for details).
In the evening, we will have dinner in the restaurant, and we are currently in the process of 
hopefully arranging a guest speaker to give us a talk after dinner.  Then the evening is yours to 
spend how you wish.

Sunday 10th September:
Breakfast and check out of hotel.  Then its a short 25-30 minute drive to the stunning National Trust
property of Croome which incorporates RAF Defford which is now a museum and visitor centre.
Croome is a recently restored property set in large grounds, which were one of the first gardens designed
by 'Capability' Brown, and over the years has had a range of uses including the headquarters of the Hari 
Krishna in the UK.  After falling into decline, restoration started in the 1990's.  Its now a beautiful site, 
with acres of parkland, lakes, walled gardens, the house itself, and the RAF Museum.  This is not subsidised,
but if you are National Trust Member, then you do get in for free (walled garden which is privately owned
is £5 extra).  https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/visit/w...ire/croome

We really hope as many of you as possible can make it and we will be sending a flyer out in the next week
or so to all members to get the word out.

Please reply on this thread that you are coming, as we need to give numbers to Morgan for catering and tour
purposes.  We will also need to let Morgan know about any dietary requirements, like gluten free, vegan, etc.

Once again, can I say a massive thank you to Richard for all his hard work in arranging this weekend event, 
and I look forward to it being a success and well supported.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Not a problem Claire, it's been a pleasure so far and I look forward to continuing to plan and add bits in as there are a number of additional things we would like to pursue.

In the meantime here's a nice arty picture I took which captures the main aspects of the weekend (to the trained eye!)

Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Excellent stuff Rich, I look forward to the updates!
count me 100% in either with or without 5222 (most likely with but you never know)

sounds like a good weekend away and some good driving
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
Great news, all booked in.
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
(24 Apr 2023, 20:30)Chris Williams Wrote: Great news, all booked in.

Hi Chris, is that you and Suzie and the kids, or just you and Suzie?

Same to Rich, is it with Roisin and the boys?

I'm making a list of attendees so need to keep a total on numbers including family.
Thanks for organising this Rich!

Leanne and I will be going. I copied the details to her this morning, and she should be booking us in to the hotel today. We wont arrive until later on the Friday night as we have no holiday time spare to arrive earlier, so we will be doing a full day at work before getting home and throwing ourselves into the car to drive the 90 mins to the hotel. I'd estimate (If i'm feeling brave!) we wont arrive until somewhere close to 8pm.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
just booked for me and a Freind who wants to join us (coming in my car)
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
Booked it folks. :-)
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Quote:just you and Suzie
Yehh, kids are 17 and 2 x 12 now. Can fend for themselves!
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
thanks all, I've updated my list.
I’ve just booked the hotel.

JohnC
Mint, good man John
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Looks a great event, thanks for organising it guys. i am pleased to say I have booked myself and Joanne into the hotel for our first weekend event with you all. I didn't add the meal package but noted the group are probably eating there of an evening. Has everyone else done that? Will edit my booking if so. Very much looking forward to it! Regards Darren
That's brilliant, thanks Darren and thanks for letting us know. All we can do is hope fir good weather now!

I didn't book the meal package for us, no, but I suppose we could nearer the time. All depends what time I can realistically get there on the Friday as to whether we get something en-route. Rich.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126