Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letting in Water
Sorry to tag onto an older thread....

Dean - although the water is appearing at the rear of the cabin - it's likely getting in at the front and collecting under the T panel.

When you get a chance - have a go at removing the T roof and checking out the area above the windscreen - and immediately behind.
Strong chance that the water is coming through there (in which case some sealant should help).
Also whilst the roof is off - worth checking out the surrounding areas (incl the tray and gullies).

Regards

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
I have a similar problem, but it seems to be coming in from the front (eg wet headliner in the center, wet sun visors etc) Only happens when im parked at an angle, such as on a kerb in the rain. I tried running a slither of silicone sealant around the top of the door gulley, but it still leaks. I think the T-panel need to come off by the sounds of things, and look for problems there.

I used to have water coming in through the back a few years ago, and noticed it was cracked adhesive on the rear glass that was letting water run under it, down the backboard, and settle in the passenger footwell (1/2 Inch deep once!) I cured that the same same way with silicone.
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop