Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote doors and whats this part?
Hi guys, been off this forum and the car for a while. 
Gonna try and be more active this time around!

The car smells of old fuel a bit, especially the rear, just in front of the charcoal cannister (i was checking for a loose hose) i saw a part ive never noticed before. It has 1, possibly 2 fuel hoses going to it. You can only see it with the charcoal can removed, looking into the pontoon. 

What is it ?

Hopefully someone can also help with this, i have a digital door module and remote kit semi fitted, but have no instructions. The digi controller is from delorean.com and has “delorean lock module rev.3.5” on the circuit board, and 2 red 2 green led’s. On the case is “3651-16”. 

Theres also a remote controller board and some relays. The remote has  4 buttons, lock, unlock, trunk, and a yellow lights button. 

I cant find a pdf / anything about how to wire it up etc. its been sat in storage for a while. 
Help please!

Im loving that now the cars 40, no tax no mot, i just insured it very cheap with the post office lol.
Hi Andy,

any chance of some pics of the item? Failing that, it sounds like its a DMC Houston
controller you have, so it might be worth contacting them to see if they've got any
info or a PDF instruction manual they can email you.

Welcome back to the fold, have you had the car long?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie

Fuel smells are never good...i'd try and track that down and get it fixed......before you go up in a ball of flames.

Personally I wouldnt get tempted to fit ' extra' electrical stuff......the original fittings can be challenging enough, without adding to them! Just My Opinion...
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
(31 Oct 2022, 18:02)Andy81 Wrote: The car smells of old fuel a bit, especially the rear, just in front of the charcoal cannister (i was checking for a loose hose) i saw a part ive never noticed before. It has 1, possibly 2 fuel hoses going to it. You can only see it with the charcoal can removed, looking into the pontoon. 

What is it ?

Sounds like your vacuum accumulator cylinder. Should just be one air hose connection on the bottom of it, where it gets sucked on by the engine (if you trace the piping back).

That corner of the engine bay has the petrol tank vent pipe leading to the charcoal cannister etc, so the smell of fuel could just be long term gassing of the fuel from the tank into that area if the car has been sitting a while.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)