Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MOT Emissions Results
Hi all,

well, for the first time ever, Flopsy passed her MOT first time today Big Grin Big Grin

I'm 'experimenting' with a fuel additive (I wont say what it is yet, because if I did I'd have to kill you :wink: )

These are the emissions results for her MOT today:

CO Level - (max allowable 4.50%) actual reading 0.25%
HC Level - (max allowable 1200ppm) actual reading 65ppm

The MOT tester was very impressed with how low the emissions were (for an older car) and said apart from 1 of the track rod end boots which will need replacing (and the busted passenger door handle), everything was fine and she passed with flying colours! Big Grin

I'll tax her at the end of this month for the 1st June - see you all in Norfolk!
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Great news !

Cataclean?
Forte?
Redex?

If your car is de-catted then I'm sure the emissions should be about 1% but if it is running great then leave it as it is Smile

NickT.
woo hoo, congratsBig Grin
DOC 527
Vin #10264
NickT Wrote:Great news !

Cataclean?
Forte?
Redex?

If your car is de-catted then I'm sure the emissions should be about 1% but if it is running great then leave it as it is Smile

NickT.

put it this way, the "fuel additive" we're playing with is not one you'll find in any motor factors.

I will say no more .... :wink:
oooooh sounds interesting !

Jet fuel??
hamsters in those wheels to turn the engine? its cheap and effeciant, not very fast tho..

bit OT but im ringing sky to downgrade my package and been transferred like 3 times already, typing this as im listening to the boring bits
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Know the feeling. I cancelled my Sky subscription last August when I moved from Belper to here. It took me 45 mins on the phone (to some call centre in India) to get them to agree to cancel it (got transferred to endless supervisors who were trying to convince me to stay with them). Then, I got months of 'junk mail' with various offers for me to go back to Sky.

I felt like saying to them "what part of I'm in a rented house, where the landlord will not permit a satellite dish do you not understand!?" :evil:

We hardly watch any telly anyway, and I went to Asda and got a Freeview box for just over £20 which is fine for us, as we dont watch Sports or Movie channels. Smile
yea, i hardly watch most of the channels now anyways, so my thought is i now have £30 more a month towards my delorean, a much better cause if i do say so myself
DOC 527
Vin #10264
amen to that one mate!!

And I bet when they say "so why do you want to leave Sky?", they've never heard "because I want to put the money towards buying a DeLorean" before!! :lol:
haha yea, the womanon the end of the line was like ok, dont think she knew what i was talking about:S
DOC 527
Vin #10264
nice one claire i bet you feel a lot lot better now Smile Smile Smile tt
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
haha, yeah I do matey, huge relief to know that at least the car is sorted even if I'm still on the mend!! lol :lol:

Mind you, having not driven the car for months, I'd forgotton how quick she is, and I ragged it up the road from the MOT station (only 100yds from our house) and then had to brake sharpish to do the tight hairpin into our driveway :? I overshot by a few feet, and had to reverse back out into the road and try and swing in again - darn that DeLorean turning circle!! lol

It was great to get behind the wheel again though, jeez I've missed my car!
Purely just out of interest - what is the deal with emissions and MOT tests? I seem to remember TT saying that just a visual is needed - however my local garage, when MOTing both of my cars on the same day, did a visual on my kit car and the full test on the DeLorean.
I've got a "stage 1" and SS exhaust and it failed at 4.6%, then got re-tested at 3.6% without doing anything to it (friendly tester?).
" Holy thread revival Batman !! "

Wink
NickT Wrote:Great news !If your car is de-catted then I'm sure the emissions should be about 1% but if it is running great then leave it as it is Smile

I thought it was 2% it was meant to be? I adjusted mine up to 2% from 0.9% yesterday. Didn't seem to make much difference to how it ran though!
VIN: 6511