Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeLorean in Loddon
My De currently lives at my parents house in the sleepy village of Loddon about 12 miles south of Norwich and I had it booked in for its MOT at the local garage today.

I had quite a shock today, when the man at the garage said "It's funny, i've never worked on one before then two book in for their MOT in two days!"

I'd love to know who's car this is.
Chris Bale
Norwich, Norfolk

DOC# 528 / VIN# 2325
Greetings, Child of Thunder.

I suggest you do find out pretty quick so you can tell whether he is a friend or foe.

If friend, you may have a valuable ally.

If foe, you could have to duel for supremacy. Glove at the ready... :wink:

:lol: :lol:
DMZ Wrote:Greetings, Child of Thunder.

I suggest you do find out pretty quick so you can tell whether he is a friend or foe.

I love you so much haha! Ahem, in a non-gay way of course!
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
--------------------------
http://www.carpromos.co.uk
Hey Chris,

Well that would probably be our good mate Peter Filsell, as he was saying his car was in for MOT this week, which means he must live pretty close by...maybe...even...next door to you! Shock :wink:

Amazing isn't it, De's are a bit like buses really, you go for ages not seeing any, then two suddenly appear! Or in my case, I see a red DeLorean (1 of only 2 in the whole country) in Norwich of all places!! :roll:

Are you going to Eurotech buddy, as there's quite a few of us in the local area going. It would be great if we can all meet up. Smile

Fingers crossed for both cars MOT's this week. Smile

Speak soon

All the best

Carl
Carl Hammond Wrote:Fingers crossed for both cars MOT's this week. Smile

Its Flopsy's MOT tomorrow too! She's got her new washer pump on, so hopefully everything else will be ok. :?

Cheers,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Claire Usher Wrote:
Carl Hammond Wrote:Fingers crossed for both cars MOT's this week. Smile

Its Flopsy's MOT tomorrow too! She's got her new washer pump on, so hopefully everything else will be ok. :?

Cheers,

What about your M O T Claire?

Will you be fit for EuroTec?

Get well soon, Hope to see you and phil soon.
Neal Barclay
Former Delorean Employee
DOC 324/Clock no.1804

[Image: DSC_0112-1.jpg]
Live the Dream today, Because I did it yesterday.
Swung by the MOT station on saturday just on the off chance, but my luck was in and ran into Peter getting his car looked over. (Was great to meet you if you're reading this).

I certainly plan to go to eurotech for friday and saturday but i'm not booked into the hotel as i live so close. If anyone in the area wants a lift or to drive up together let me know.

This does of course depend on the MOT which should be done tuesday, i failed fridays attempt on account of the car refusing to start and not even getting to the garage.

Fingers crossed and watch this space...
Chris Bale
Norwich, Norfolk

DOC# 528 / VIN# 2325
Yeah it was great to meet you Chris, looks like the investigation work paid off! :wink:

Who would of believed we went to the same high school and our D's are just 4 miles apart! Just need to find the red D owner Carl!!

Unfortunately 1772 didn't sail through unlike previous years. Nothing major, just annoying, ie headlights shining too high, and nearside steering gaitor split which was a tiny hole, but rules are rules I guess!

Managed to get a replacement gaitor and hope to fit this week. Anyone had any experience in this? The instructions say I don't need to take the track rod or end out, just to use this plastic cone provided? Any help would be grateful as always.

Anyway hope to get it re-tested this week!

Keep in touch you EA DOC'ers!
neal Wrote:What about your M O T Claire?
Will you be fit for EuroTec?
Get well soon, Hope to see you and phil soon.

lol, cheers Neal Big Grin

well, the broken toe is coming along nicely, and I'm walking alot better already. I tentatively drove the ole Flopmeister round the driveway today, was abit sore but not too bad.

The latest batch of painkillers seem to be doing their job, although I've got some 'squelchy' noises from my right collarbone :? so I'm 99% certain that I'll be driving Flopsy to Norfolk. I reckon, if I dose myself up with painkillers before we leave, they should have just about worn off for when Arran opens the bar on Friday evening Big Grin Big Grin

BTW, what time does your flight get into Norwich airport? Are you sorted for getting to Hunstanton from there yet?
Jonny Jones Wrote:
DMZ Wrote:Greetings, Child of Thunder.

I love you so much haha! Ahem, in a non-gay way of course!

*bows with a swish of an ostrich-feathered Musketeer hat*

Oh, and Ms Usher, if the painkillers fail, rum normally does the trick :wink:
DMZ Wrote:Oh, and Ms Usher, if the painkillers fail, rum normally does the trick :wink:
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Claire

I am going by easyjet to stansted now. arr. 10 45 then hire a car.

Thanks to Arran for all his help.

Flybe was going to be to much hassle. :roll:

See you soon. Smile
Neal Barclay
Former Delorean Employee
DOC 324/Clock no.1804

[Image: DSC_0112-1.jpg]
Live the Dream today, Because I did it yesterday.
Well, mixed news.

Got a fresh MOT on the car today but the indicators packed up again before the car was even out of the garage.

It's too late for them to take it back though! :lol:

Looks like somethings up with the relay as its getting quite hot. Should be sorted for Eurotech.
Chris Bale
Norwich, Norfolk

DOC# 528 / VIN# 2325
Thats good news Chris!

Im sure someone can help out with your indicator problem if its still playing up on the day, after all thats what the event is all about Wink

Looking forward to seeing you there!