Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Centre console switch blank panels
Dummy Switch
Part Number : 105610
Can anyone tell me if these are available anywhere? I want to make a better illuminating fog light switch with an appropriate transfer/sticker to replace the illuminated rocker switch that is currently fitted. This switch works ok, but the edge has broken and looks untidy.... It also has no transfer/sticker to identify it to the driver. Maybe these switches are available ready made??? I looked in the parts store, ie DMC Texas, and the on/off switches are available, but it does not tell you if they are illuminated etc. Thanks in advance.
Ben
Mr.P
http://delorean.com/dmcstore/ViewPart.a ... popup=true

Is this the part you are talking about? No it isnt illuminated.

Suggestion , why not buy a dummy switch
[Image: 105610.jpg]

and put a small circular illuminated rocker switch in the top?? maplins sell small diameter ones

Cheaper option than that part as well.
Yes, its the dummy switch I want. And I have just the switch in mind to fit into the dummy. I know the dummy is available from DMC texas, but when i recently ordered a throttle cable from them, I had no reply and no cable..... So I lost faith a little bit. Are these blanks available in this country, or from Ed? Price isnt a problem by the way.... Cheers Mike
Ben
Ive never had a problem with any delivery large or small from DMCH, have you tried emailing

warren (at) usadmc.com

with you confirmation code / order details etc?

I know a few years ago they had a 'glitch' with orders coming through their website from the UK but that was sorted out.

You could email Ed at
Ed(at) DMC-Service.nl
and see if he keeps them in .

Just helped me out with an angle drive that im hopefully fitting this weekend round at DMC Northern.
I have ordered parts from DMCH and never had a problem. I had e-mail replies/order confirmation from Warren and parts turned up quite swiftly.
Kelvin Tan
dmckelv12 Wrote:I have ordered parts from DMCH and never had a problem. I had e-mail replies/order confirmation from Warren and parts turned up quite swiftly.

i was gonna ask you how your getting on but nearly fixed is good

enough Smile speak soon kelv TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
hi

i have used a matching switch for my setup.

originally i tried a s/hand elec window switch, and built a latching relay circuit so push up on, and push up for off. you can remove the top cover of the switch carefully drill a msall hole and fit in a small led (with drop resisterm or a small 12volt micro size bulb (different colours from maplin)

there was no room for mounting plastic insert which maplin have, so glued from the back, and used flexible 12v wire so that the switch could still pivot.

did not quite finish the circuit, so did the same to a remanufactored switch just on and off and works fine.
bulb needs to light when on.

to finish fit a transfer available in a sheet from vehicle wiring products.

all looks oem.

only problem i did have i got too vlever and fitted a 4 lead socket in the console so if i hade to change the bulb or something just unplugged.
but there is not much room in the central console for lots or wires and connectors.

when i get chance could take photo. this is one bit of my car that works.

fitted a red bulb to one reverse light as the fog, all perfectly legal.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Probably not relevant, but mines got no rear fogs fitted, never has had & never gonna have, speak nicely to your MOT tester.
[Image: DeloreanSig.jpg]
The rear end setup isnt a problem. All the required operations are all covered by the rear clusters including 4 brake lights, moving back to 2 when the fog lights are on. ChrisS did an excellent job, including a switchable modification for the front indicators/sidelights to turn them into USA style. Repeaters work in that way too, switching from side markers to indicators.... Its just the interior switch that needs tidying. Cheers all....
Mr. P
Ben