Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brake pipe thread
No bother, I'll keep you posted [emoji846].

I certainly don't want you to think I was having a moan by the way, they're top quality- just wondering how people had overcome it.

And you're right, if I understand correctly the German rules have it that parts must be original or TUV labelled.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Quote: I certainly don't want you to think I was having a moan by the way, they're top quality- just wondering how people had overcome it
Not for a moment, the quality/standard of work your doing I'm sure you want it right. Unfortunately no one makes the style of fitting that we had on our cars so it's always been a 'compromise' The HEL ones had a slightly larger fitting than the Goodrich but the latter have better EU/worldwide approval and come with the all important TUV certification certificate. However if we (sorry you) can find a better solution with a smaller/half nut then I will certainly add them in to the packs as it makes a better solution.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Ok so it's not 3/8 UNF!!

I think it's 7/16 UNS or UNEF. It's 24 TPI anyway. It seems to be a very specific brake pipe thread - no nuts commonly available.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126