Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VIN#6126 Chassis restoration
That was from Autosupplies in Bolsover, I'll send you a pic of the label if you like when I get home which gives the recipe. Made up 'while u wait'! This was the flexible PVC stuff which is designed for use on pliable surfaces. There isn't an endless choice of colours in that formulation, but this is closer than the one I originally chose which was a bit bronze on retrospect, though when I saw the swatches again after a year I can still see why i chose it.

After it had been painted for a few weeks I recently t-cut and wax-polished it.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
(23 Mar 2023, 12:00)Rich Hanlon Wrote: That was from Autosupplies in Bolsover, I'll send you a pic of the label if you like when I get home which gives the recipe.  Made up 'while u wait'! This was the flexible PVC stuff which is designed for use on pliable surfaces. There isn't an endless choice of colours in that formulation, but this is closer than the one I originally chose which was a bit bronze on retrospect, though when I saw the swatches again after a year I can still see why i chose it.

After it had been painted for a few weeks I recently t-cut and wax-polished it.

Cheers - I showed Phill the pics just now, he said it looks good - is it a rattle can or 
done with a paint sprayer and compressor?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
No that was aerosol cans but they can mix up for a spray gun if it suits, I don't have any kit so I got cans. Bought 5 or 6 I think, but 4 might just have done both.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
That looks very sharp indeed, great job Rich
Vin #4087
Thanks Thomas, nice of you to say so. It's not a professional job but I'm pretty happy overall. And the fascia is straight now which was the original objective!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Do you mind posting the pic of the brand/colour you chose?
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Sure, no problem, I texted Claire the pics but here we go:

[attachment=1418]

This was mixed to measure in a proper auto paints place not off the shelf.

This was mixed to measure in a car paint supplier not off the shelf.

Attached Files Image(s)

Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Welp, new Bosch injectors (from Ebay), coupled with new seals and clip (From DGo) have fixed by difficult starting and lumpy cold idle issues. Much smoother and happier all round.

Managed to find the injectors from one of the places offering 15% off too so they worked out as just over £30 each, which was rahter a bargain. Well worth doing. :-)
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126