Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEC 2019
I've put some photos from today on the Club's Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/DeLorean-Owners...395051618/)

Unfortunately I can't put them on here, as the forum says the files are too large, so it won't let me upload them.

It was great to see so many friends old and new today, and kudos to those who did the whole 4 days - I'm shattered after just today!
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Thanks to you and the rest of the team, for yet another great NEC....I can only manage 3 days......these days....something about getting old!

We met some very interesting people who were involved with the car 40 years ago...and some who are fresh into it now. Loads more info for book 2. 

Book 1 sold very well, (Thanks John) not many left now, if you do want another copy ....get in touch without delay.

Delores also sold, after 20 years of ownership. I must get MGJ finished.........

(I only just got my trailer back to the hire place.....through the Derbyshire floods.)

Thanks to everyone who helped me load up my car, and to Andrew, who managed the tricky job of threading the trailer through the vey limited space, up into my garage .....late last night.

I slept like a log!

I went off for a quick walk around and on my return found some 'old boy' sat in my car!!

...doubtless admiring the superior Grey interior !
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
thats nowt ChrisP, you wanna see the selfie John Tien took when you were having 40 winks  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Hope Delores has found a good home, and will stay in the Club.
Many thanks to Rich H and Andy W too for helping me in with my trailer afterwards!! :-D
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
All in all a great weekend and I'm sorry I wasn't able to be on the stand for as long as I had original planned.  But it was great to be a part of it again after a couple of 'fallow' years - I really enjoyed it, and everybody's company. I even got interviewed! 
('Stainless steel, 88mph' etc etc!!)

You will have all seen the state of my chassis/ frame laid bare - which isn't fantastic, but I hope everybody found it interesting so see what the overall build of a DeLorean is based around, in it's most primal form!  The general public flocked around the stand to see the great examples on show, and the more informed or technically minded customers were interested in the construction of the car and chassis too.

The chassis is now off to Nottingham to be dipped, stripped and laid bare.  Be interesting to see what it looks like...

Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
First and foremost, a huge THANK YOU to everyone involved over the (very) long weekend at the NEC. It cant be under-estimated how big a commitment this weekend is to all involved, not just those who supply cars (or a chassis) to people who spend the entire 4 days or just a few hours both manning the stand & answering the endless questions. There are too many people to thank individually but on behalf of myself and the club.

Thank You.
Chris
XX
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
(11 Nov 2019, 15:08)Rich Hanlon Wrote: All in all a great weekend and I'm sorry I wasn't able to be on the stand for as long as I had original planned.  But it was great to be a part of it again after a couple of 'fallow' years - I really enjoyed it, and everybody's company. I even got interviewed! 
('Stainless steel, 88mph' etc etc!!)

You will have all seen the state of my chassis/ frame laid bare - which isn't fantastic, but I hope everybody found it interesting so see what the overall build of a DeLorean is based around, in it's most primal form!  The general public flocked around the stand to see the great examples on show, and the more informed or technically minded customers were interested in the construction of the car and chassis too.

The chassis is now off to Nottingham to be dipped, stripped and laid bare.  Be interesting to see what it looks like...

Nice to see you again Rich, after such a long time of absence. Try not to make it so long next time.

Knowing that my chassis is in a similar condition to yours (even after having over £800 worth of welding done to the back end in 2016!), I literally CAN'T WAIT to see what your chassis looks like after all the Epoxy is removed from it! Please put me out of my misery by putting up pictures on the forum for us to take a good look. I'm sure it's not just me who's extremely interested and curious, especially after taking a mental note of its appearance with the Epoxy still hiding its secrets!
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
(13 Nov 2019, 09:26)Rissy Wrote: Knowing that my chassis is in a similar condition to yours (even after having over £800 worth of welding done to the back end in 2016!), I literally CAN'T WAIT to see what your chassis looks like after all the Epoxy is removed from it! Please put me out of my misery by putting up pictures on the forum for us to take a good look. I'm sure it's not just me who's extremely interested and curious, especially after taking a mental note of its appearance with the Epoxy still hiding its secrets!

ditto to that Rissy, Flopsy's chassis is like Weetabix in the rear box section under the engine.
No bother! I'll start a new thread with it all at some stage soon. It is now at the stripping company, along with the trailing arms. I'm going colour-matching at lunchtime to get the closest powder coat to the original epoxy colour.

(Long time before i'll be at that stage it though!!)
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126

At least I was alert and not like this old boy!
Well I'm not sure who that is!......a second old boy perhaps? Big Grin    Someone's been working him too hard.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
A top weekend once again! Thoroughly enjoyed it and great to see so many people over the course of the 4 days.

Here's some of my snaps...

It's that Jon Bentley off the Telly!

Vin: 4468
DOC No: 758
www.theportlandarms.co.uk
Thanks for the pic Smile