Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water Pump
Whats the deal with the water pumps. I've not got hold of my new one yet, but I understand some have a bolt on pulley instead of the 'press on' jobbie that mine has. Do you normally buy a new pulley to go with the new pump or take the old one off the old pump?
[Image: DeloreanSig.jpg]
The 'bolt on pulley' water pump crops up on ebay quite a bit for little more than £10-15.... it is then a case of finding a pulley to suit the D.

I know Specialtauto.com sell the pulleys but they are not cheap. Ed Uding does one which is a press on pulley type but you have to send your pulley to him to press it onto the new pump at the correct distance along the shaft. Not sure how hard it is to press the old one off your exisitng pump, never done it but i have heard of people messing theres up trying to get it off.

I bought my pump a couple of years back from special t with a pressed on pulley installed , the $ to £ is very good at the mo http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-pa ... ystem.html

kit prices seem a good deal
Cheers Mike, not sure what the new pump is like till' I go & pick it up, I've got a feeling its a bolt on job, but I'll see.
[Image: DeloreanSig.jpg]
hi

to let you know, there is a classic place in wolverhampton who do pump rebuilds.

they did mine, and remove and reinstall pulley in correct place.

about £55 and remember it will be original.

new seals etc, i think lifetime guarantee.

they advertise in the classic mags.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Dave Howarth has them try him TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor