Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[WANTED] Original Engine for sale in the UK
Hi All

I "might" be getting my hands on a project car with no engine. If anyone has one (possibly in the UK) and is willing to sell please get in touch.

Thanks!
Alan
Hi

i assume the one on ebay?.

i would be asking where the original engine went as pretty much anything can be rebuilt.

Where has it gone to?.

sorry i do not have one.....A DeLorean PRV is going to be hard to gind…..i take it you have costed how much a crate engine from USA.

if not could try for a safrane or volvo? are direct fits.

Maybe Stunned_Monkey on these forums may be able to advise as he was into engine changes/modding i think. he was running a Turbo (might have been an alpine engine?)

he is helpful and lent me some parts to try a few years ago.

Regards

Steve
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
(10 Sep 2019, 14:01)steve.s Wrote: Hi

i would be asking where the original engine went as pretty much anything can be rebuilt.

Where has it gone to?.

sorry i do not have one.....A DeLorean PRV is going to be hard to gind…..i take it you have costed how much a crate engine from USA.

Maybe Stunned_Monkey on these forums may be able to advise as he was into engine changes/modding i think. he was running a Turbo (might have been an alpine engine?)

Regards

Steve

You assume correctly Smile

As for the original engine, the seller gave that to Chris N some 5 years ago in exchange for the bodywork. I assume it's long gone. Will probably ask anyway should I win the auction Smile
(10 Sep 2019, 15:15)Hi i must admit, i thought it odd the seller would give away an engine....you could ask Chris N if he has anything, And Chris P and Dave Howarth might know where to source one from.if not any PRV based engine will fit, plus people of course have done others.Personally i like to keep to stock....but if i had to look for a safrane maybe....although they may be as hard to find.Regards Wrote:
(10 Sep 2019, 14:01)steve.s Wrote: Hi

Where has it gone to?.

Regards

Steve

You assume correctly Smile

As for the original engine, the seller gave that to Chris N some 5 years ago in exchange for the bodywork. I assume it's long gone. Will probably ask anyway should I win the auction Smile
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Your best bet would be (as suggested) to get a running car with the correct engine in. They do crop up from time to time, help would be given to guide.. You would require a sump and sandwich plate from a DeLorean spec engine but IIRC these were included in the sale.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
the car being sold is owned by 'Stunned Monkey' (Martin G).
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
This project is currently for sale on eBay......not sure if it could supply buts..... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274944198140?...SwcOFhLNh6
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian