Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bracket under dash
Hi all

I know this is a big ask but can anyone get a picture of the bracket that holds the wiper control module and buzzer in its location under the dash. I have got under there while fitting a steering column bush and this bracket is just hanging under the dash and not fixed to anything. I have tried stuffing it into various locations but none look right.

Any help is very much appreciated.
(12 Jun 2019, 12:24)Boz666 Wrote: Hi all

I know this is a big ask but can anyone get a picture of the bracket that holds the wiper control module and buzzer in its location under the dash. I have got under there while fitting a steering column bush and this bracket is just hanging under the dash and not fixed to anything. I have tried stuffing it into various locations but none look right.

Any help is very much appreciated.

I can understand why you say this is a big ask, as it's not easy for anyone to get good visuals under there even with their own eyes, never mind with a camera. All i'd say is that the plate sits vertically above the steering column with the instruments fixed to it, and visually seen from the left hand side point of view (left side of the steering wheel).

I'd try offering up the plate in this orientation without any wires connected to it so that you can get a feel for which way around it sits and then try to align the screw holes with the holes in the plate and then plug in everything afterwards. It's a nasty affair, so don't feel alone with your level of frustration doing it.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Best i can do from the parts manual. I too need to put it back

- DeLoryan
VIN 5219
Oct 81, Grey interior, 
manual, grooved hood
DOC 876
That's a help. Going for another look now.