Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What is the part called
Hi all, I have just acquired vin 6642 and I am going through the repair items and the bits needed for the UK registration. So far I am doing ok, I have built two kit cars in my time and most of the jobs needed appear well within my skill set. My question is about the fill pieces at the corner of the dashtop, I don't have any or know what they are called or if they can be bought. Piccy included to show which part I mean. Any help very much appreciated.
[Image: 20190520-151532_orig.jpg]
Hi, Welcome to the club and congrats on the purchase.

You need to recover the whole 'A post trim' but it looks like the plastic frame has been snapped off in that corner...

I have recovered that part in the past and the material can be sourced through a vinyl/leather or upholstery shop.
Just take the old one with you to match the texture...

DOC 116
VIN 6237 Grey Interior, Manual
VIN 16723 Black Interior, Auto
It does look damaged, but most of the plastic appears to be intact. It's probably repairable.

6642 probably has the vinyl glued under the windscreen, so you may have to cut it out to remove it.

Like Stu says, easily recoverable especially being black.
Richard H.
DOC Technical Advisor VIN 1274
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
Now I can see the whole trim piece I can see it fills the gap I have, the vinyl on the whole of the post is in a bad condition, looks like someone has been at it before. Both sides are the same. It isn't my highest priority as the car needs to get registered but I will start with the questions as I see something.

Thanks for the replies, very much appreciated.

Forum Jump:

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)