Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DMC LED signs
Wink 
(28 May 2020, 09:23)Chris P Wrote: One doesn't like to brag.........but you all know me!  

My sign (genuine dealer sign) I bought from the USA for £600...many, many years ago, the major problem was getting it shipped back to the UK!    It could have cost me twice as much, luckily, Ian Foster helped out by cramming it on a trailer full of motorbikes.......That was a memorable drive back from Southampton, with a 8 foot wide, overloaded trailer. Blush

<cough> where do you live again Chris  Angel 

I think you did really well getting that one. 

I reckon an original would be 10 times that now..I did see one listed years ago and It sold for many thousand.
Most recent one i saw was best part of 10k and that was full size and 20k+ for one of the rarer double sided ones
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
This one was about £250, about 10 years ago, from Conor Doyle. i must have been feeling flush at that time! (Bearing in mine our oldest is nearly 9 now!!)

It's not stainless steel, it's a brushed vinyl in stainless effect. It has 2x 3' fluorescent tubes inside - it has moved position a few times but still looks ok [emoji846]

Loving the BL one Chris [emoji16].

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Yours is a much more sensible size Richard.

I like the fact that they (both) state "DELOREAN MOTOR CARS".....the company that actually made them in NI.......rather than DELOREAN MOTOR COMPANY......the American holding company.......that ended up "holding" most of the money earned in NI, including the money for the last two boat-loads of cars, sent to the USA. Angry
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
(28 May 2020, 10:54)Chris P Wrote: Yours is a much more sensible size Richard.

I like the fact that they (both) state "DELOREAN MOTOR CARS".....the company that actually made them in NI.......rather than DELOREAN MOTOR COMPANY......the American holding company.......that ended up "holding" most of the money earned in NI, including the money for the last two boat-loads of cars, sent to the USA. Angry

That's one of my pet hates/loves as well...….
(28 May 2020, 10:28)Rich Hanlon Wrote: This one was about £250, about 10 years ago, from Conor Doyle.  i must have been feeling flush at that time!  (Bearing in mine our oldest is nearly 9 now!!)

It's not stainless steel, it's a brushed vinyl in stainless effect. It has 2x 3' fluorescent tubes inside - it has moved position a few times but still looks ok [emoji846]

Loving the BL one Chris [emoji16].

Definitely looks good especially in that size fairly reasonable to fit in alot of places

YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
Quote:This one was about £250, about 10 years ago, from Conor Doyle. i must have been feeling flush at that time! (Bearing in mine our oldest is nearly 9 now!!)

It's not stainless steel, it's a brushed vinyl in stainless effect. It has 2x 3' fluorescent tubes inside - it has moved position a few times but still looks ok [Image: emoji846.png]

Loving the BL one Chris [Image: emoji16.png].
The BL one is to go into the garage (with a few others)! when it's been re-roofed.
Would it be worth (if anyone knows how) approaching Conor Doyle to see if he could get them done again?

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
(28 May 2020, 10:17)theningiachicken Wrote: Most recent one i saw was best part of 10k and that was full size and 20k+ for one of the rarer double sided ones

Mine was a double sided one, but I gave Ian Foster the other side for all his help Angel
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
That one of yours is fab Chris (p) - you had the stainless steel straightened as well on that one didn't you? I hadn't realised it was double sided to begin with.

Chris W - I'd be quite happy to try Conor again, though it must be getting on for 10 years since I've seen him! The shipping from Ireland was the expensive part, which was ok for us as we used to drive over there quite often to see the in-laws, so we collected it on one of our several trips over in the DeLorean back in the days when two seats was enough!!

Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126

Hi Richard, the only work I've done on mine, is to replace the internal strip lights.

It's the other side that is very slightly damaged, mostly the plastic, but Ian will doubtless address that in due course. His classic cars /Bikes are now on the back burner, as he struggles to keep his architects business going in China & Hong Kong.

He has just finished his latest book, which is selling like 'hot cakes'. Its about the NW200 Races....of which I know nothing...my only interest in motor bikes was when, at the age of 14, I made one up out of bits.......I found a photo of it the other day....leaning against the wall of my parents pre-fab in Spondon....where I grew up.

Ian's book.....    https://www.facebook.com/northwest200/po...8611031708
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
(28 May 2020, 23:25)Rich Hanlon Wrote: That one of yours is fab Chris (p) - you had the stainless steel straightened as well on that one didn't you? I hadn't realised it was double sided to begin with.

Chris W - I'd be quite happy to try Conor again, though it must be getting on for 10 years since I've seen him! The shipping from Ireland was the expensive part, which was ok for us as we used to drive over there quite often to see the in-laws, so we collected it on one of our several trips over in the DeLorean back in the days when two seats was enough!!

I assume if we got a few done it would be fairly cheap to get them on a pallet for a good rate.

Or he gets them ready for May and we all drive them back Smile
No progress on this one yet I'm afraid despite several attempts...

Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
I'll ping my lot an email this week if that helps then.

I was waiting until I was back at work but that date keeps slipping... and slipping... and slipping. Anyone want to buy a half finished LHD?
(07 Jul 2020, 10:25)Matt Clark Wrote: I'll ping my lot an email this week if that helps then.

I was waiting until I was back at work but that date keeps slipping... and slipping... and slipping. Anyone want to buy a half finished LHD?

I will haha only joking, hopefully your back to work soon Matt and you can get your car finished.

If that means we end up getting something started with this then thats some good news of this month

YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
Just thought id reboot this thread again, i can imagine that this little project of ours seems better for the new year as normality will slowly be returning, so i was wondering if we're all still interested in doing so?

i have a friend who could 3d print some 1/8th or smaller signs for desk ornaments if i discuss it with him and could work out rates for said desk ornaments.

YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk