Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X showing hoods
Does every car show the feared X?

I was shocked when I saw it on mine this morning.... Cry
Though under a certain angle and lighting.
Mr.5200
I havent noticed one on mine but im sure in the right light and at the correct angle there will be one Smile

I feel that it is the later 'flat' hoods that suffer more, as the lined hoods somehow mask or help with this 'syndrome'

Mine like most i have noticed has a slight 'crease' 6" or so from the hinges
Well, i've got a grooved hood.. and viewing the hood later the day
i could not see it anymore untill i stored it back into my shop.
Now i see it with tube lighting... i think once u now its there you'll
keep seeing it.

And just wondering who else can see 'it'..not encouraging anyone
to go find out..

The 'crease' can be caused by struts wich are to strong.
Mr.5200
Flopsy has a slight X which you can only faintly see in certain light conditions, but also, like Bozzy, she has the horizontal line near the front edge of the bonnet.

AFAIK, there's nothing that can be done about it - but I'm sure Chris 'Stainless God' Nicholson can advise accordingly :wink:

Cheers all,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
My 'X' is only visible when the car is left outside in frost, because it alters the pattern of frost on the bonnet. It actually looks quite cool.
Rob Williams
DOC 475
VIN 17152
Maddie has got quite a pronounced X on the bonnet.... shame, but then she has had quite a jaded past! Probably due to the silver paint having to be removed.
Stuart
VIN# 5641 "Maddie"
DOC 414
Ware, Herts. UK

[Image: signature.jpg]

Emagine Productions

W: www.emagineproductions.co.uk
Well if thats all thats wrong your a lucky man, i happen to like mine as well and all the manufacture marks as well its so 80's TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
believe me, the Neon light will display you all the bad thing of the stainless... in mine i can see the X , some little scratches etc all wich are not normally visible at the sun. :roll: :roll: :?
must admit, have all my thing to fix...but cannot see an x in any light

maybe my eyes are going!.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Give it time! I thought mine was sound until one night noticed it in street lamps. Nothing to bother about really! A nice cover up could be replica of the BTTF time circuits in BTTF3? Tongue
me thinks we are all getting paranoid Smile Smile
Now't wrong with that, its a great track!
[Image: DeloreanSig.jpg]
Big Grin Big Grin
On the subject of hood 'X's - they're a 'feature' of the car. It's not always down to over enthusiastic polishing - although that wouldn't help. Mainly just due to the weight of the sheet metal bearing down on the supports over 25 years.
We are working on a method that should help to remove the 'X' to a reasonable degree - but...I'd be lying if I said it was guaranteed to work!

Cheers

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk