Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeLorean treasure on eBay
I've been having a bit of a sort through my parts hoarde and have listed a few items of DeLorean "treasure" on eBay along with a few other DMC bits and bobs. Here's a link to the list of parts available:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/beanodandy/m.html

There will be more items to follow once I get chance to take photos etc.

Happy to do a private deal on any parts outside of eBay. Just drop me a PM via the forum if there's something you're interested in.

Cheers,

Phil
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
I must be out of touch with current prices Phil! Blush
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Yay, Phil Peters, you are still alive then!!   Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Sent you a PM, Phil...
(20 Jun 2018, 13:18)Chris P Wrote: I must be out of touch with current prices Phil! Blush

All prices are cheaper than what DeLorean Go or DMC are currently asking on like-for-like parts.

For some of the NOS or rare parts that are no longer available from any of the main vendors, I'm in no mad rush to sell but for anyone who's trying to get their car back to original spec/condition there are a couple of good opportunities to get hold of some rare stuff.

As ever, talk to me direct for best prices rather than going through eBay.

(20 Jun 2018, 14:01)Guinney1971 Wrote: Yay, Phil Peters, you are still alive then!!   Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

Alive and well, a bit older but certainly no wiser Wink

How's Flopsy's engine swap coming along?
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
Hey Phil!!

Lovely to hear from you mate Smile
DOC #230

VIN 11477 Jan '82
2010 Range Rover V8
2013 Mini Cooper S Works

Tristan J Carroll
Swansea, South Wales
How's SPY 100 coming along Phil?

Someone else who DeLorean dreams started as a teenager...eh Phil?  Big Grin
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I remember SPY100 - it was one of the first Deloreans I saw "In capitivity" - at the long ago defunct Midlands Motor Museum in Bridgnorth, along with PUM436, which I always wondered what happened to these

Attached Files Image(s)

(21 Jun 2018, 22:20)TristanC Wrote: Hey Phil!!

Lovely to hear from you mate Smile

Cheers Tris! Many congrats on your recent purchase by the way. Looks like you got a nice one.

(22 Jun 2018, 06:15)Chris P Wrote: How's SPY 100 coming along Phil?

Getting there slowly Chris. I haven't had a lot of time to work on the car or indeed do anything much in the way of DeLorean stuff over the last 12-18 months due to fierce work commitments and the arrival of our baby daughter back in October.

I'm slowly starting to get back into things now though as time allows and the restoration is still ticking along. And crucially of course, I still love working on the car.

(22 Jun 2018, 09:14)Smithy2970 Wrote: I remember SPY100 - it was one of the first Deloreans I saw "In capitivity" - at the long ago defunct Midlands Motor Museum in Bridgnorth

Great photo Smithy!! Do you know roughly what year this would have been? I would guess around 1998 - 2000? I'd love to see any more photos you may have of SPY 100 and PUM 436 in the museum?

SPY 100 (now back on its original factory registration number SIJ 1084) has been with me since October 2007 but it's been part of my life in one form or another for about 25 years now.

I grew up about 10 miles away from the Midland Motor Museum and SPY 100 was the first DeLorean I ever saw at the age of about 8 years old or so. I visited the museum during most school holidays over the next several years just to see that car. I wasn't really bothered about the rest of the exhibits. Winter visits during the Christmas holidays were particularly gruelling on my parents as the museum wasn't heated so they endured many hours in the freezing cold while I would sit drawing the car in my sketch book. Thankfully they can laugh about it all some 20-odd years later.  

Even back then I was convinced I would own it one day. At the time I had no idea about the significance of it being a RHD car but during my early teens (pre-internet era) I read as much about DeLoreans as I could get my hands on and came to realise it happened to be quite a rare beast.

The car was photographed at the museum in 1989 by the renowned automotive photographer Neil Bruce and one of his photos was later used in the 1990s Classic Cars MAXI cards series produced by Edito-Service:

[Image: 12173-card.jpg]

You still see these cards turn up on eBay from time to time.

Neil has since sold his photo collection to the author Reinhard Lintelmann in Germany. I've been asking Reinhard for a copy of the photos for a number of years now as they will really help with some aspects of the restoration but so far he's refused and they remain locked away doing nothing just gathering dust which is a real shame.
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
ayup Phil,
Flopsy is still lurking in the garage with a busted engine, but we'll soon have the new parts shed finished, then we can start stripping the scrap 406 and the scrap Mk1 Espace.
Garage still needs finishing touches (electrics mostly), then we can think about starting on my De, although we've got a list of
project cars (as usual), and time and (lack of) funds is putting most things on the back burner for now.
Mind you, we've just got Phill's Cavalier back on the road after 4yrs, so I call that progress if nowt else lol.
So, when will SIJ1084 be hitting the streets then?
From memory it would have been late 90s early 2000s, I do have some others of PUM436, so will have a look for them when I get back from holidays!! I seem to think we went there one year when we came up for Supercar Sunday in Gaydon , the highlight of which was the delorean cavalcade arrival. I was gutted when the midlands museum closed.
Yes the museum closed because its owner, Kieth Partridge....got confused about which cars he owned and which cars were only on loan to him,  including SPY 100.   He knew Spy100's owner was a 'bit of a bruiser' and boss of a haulage firm and not a man to tangle with!  So SPY100 found its-self dumped outside on the grass until its owner was told to retrieve it by the police. 

After selling off some  of the high value 'loan cars' ...Partidge was banged-up for a few years!

These Deloreans seem do to attract some dodgy folk.......... Angel
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
(22 Jun 2018, 09:14)Smithy2970 Wrote: I remember SPY100 - it was one of the first Deloreans I saw "In capitivity" - at the long ago defunct Midlands Motor Museum in Bridgnorth, along with PUM436, which I always wondered what happened to these

Re: SPY 100 - if you look at that photo, on the right, there's a plaque for a BMW M1. The description of how it was modified rung some bells - it's this special M1 featured here:

https://petrolicious.com/articles/a-twin...-obscurity

What's interesting is that that M1 owner also owned a DeLorean circa 1987 - I wonder which one it was? Can't have been many in that time in the UK. 

Quote:The Autogas M1 ends up in a showroom in England in the early ‘90s. Right around this time, in 1987, Pummy Bhatia opens up a pharmacy and care clinic nearby. His commute takes him past the car nearly every day. Absorbed and infatuated by the pop culture of the time—a big fan of the Back to the Future series, Pummy had recently purchased one of John DeLorean’s stainless steel DMC-12s
(23 Jun 2018, 08:27)Chris P Wrote: SPY100 found its-self dumped outside on the grass until its owner was told to retrieve it by the police. 

I went with the owner to "rescue" SPY 100 from the museum on a baking hot day back in August 2002. The owner had left the car in the museum for so many years that he couldn't even remember how to get there any more so we met just outside Wolverhampton and travelled the rest of the way together in his old Mercedes. We couldn't believe our eyes when we turned up at the museum and saw so many rare and valuable cars just parked up on the lawn. Fortunately SPY 100 didn't look any the worse for wear and the owner arranged to have the car transported back to his house within a few days.
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
Fascinating story Phil.