Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
H4 headlight bulb recommendations?
Hi all - my low beam headlights are very dim. They've been like this since I got the car. I'm going to check the wiring etc of the hella units to make sure they were rewired correctly but I thought I'd change the bulbs for new ones anyway. 

There are lots of types of H4 bulbs - does anyone prefer any specific ones? Is it best to get high intensity ones? 

Cheers!
#1373 - Black, Manual, Gas Flap

"Marty: Wait a minute, wait a minute, Doc, are you telling me that you built a time machine out of a delorean?

Doc: The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car why not do it with some style..."
Certainly worth checking the wiring has been done correctly, D headlights are not the best I'm afraid. Imagine a 1820's horse carriage with candle powered lights and your about right!
There are plenty out there 'nightbreaker' etc but I have never found any to be better than the other I'm afraid. Others I'm sure will have other opinions.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
(29 Apr 2018, 21:23)Chris Williams Wrote: Imagine a 1820's horse carriage with candle powered lights and your about right!

Lol!

I was looking at the nightbreaker ones - think I might go for the new versions of those. I just need better than what I have on the odd time I am driving in the dark - I haven't since I picked the car up back in November, but it's best to be prepared for it!
#1373 - Black, Manual, Gas Flap

"Marty: Wait a minute, wait a minute, Doc, are you telling me that you built a time machine out of a delorean?

Doc: The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car why not do it with some style..."