Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REALLY RETRO SHOW/CLUB MEET 24th June 2018
From an email received:

The Really Retro and Classic Car Show is confirmed for Sunday 24th June 2018 and is open to all cars from 1900 to 1999 with a focus upon those motors from 1960 to 1980. Feel free to take a brief look at our website; www.reallyretroshow.com

We hope you can round up a few members for a club stand, it is a truly a fantastic day out and unlike other shows we don't have to cancel because of soggy grass!  Please see attached invitation letter, guide to booking and traditional booking form should you choose to confirm your attendance by post.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards
Paul Jeffries
www.midlandscarshows.co.uk
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
This looks like a good show...we could think about having it as our main club get-together perhaps????? Smile
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Could do Chris, looks a good event.
I doubt #2292 will be finished in time though, but you never know - hoping to order the cladding for the garage
this week, so fingers crossed we'll have it finished before Xmas, which will finally give us somewhere dry to work on
the cars rather then out on the driveway.
Your new garage has been a long time coming Claire, but I'm sure you and Phil will make good and full use of it......just off to play in mine now Smile
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
The steel frame was delivered a year ago today Chris, we've saved up enough to order the steel side cladding sheets tomorrow.
Heh, Google maps recommends flying there from here...
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

(06 Nov 2017, 12:24)Dan Willis Wrote: Heh, Google maps recommends flying there from here...

lol Dan - mind you, will your DeLorean be finished in time for next year? I doubt mine will be, I might end up taking
my 1989 Cavalier, or if they'll allow it, the Avantime Smile
My DeLorean will be finished for the 40th, in 2021. I've no means to finish it in the next 2/3 years and I don't want to rush it. It was always a slow burn, and now even slower due to a change in circumstance. It will get done, but assume it won't see daylight for years.
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566

Sorry to hear that Dan, but things change......A quick spray with Wd40 or similar will ensure that nothing deteriorates whilst in hibernation.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
There's nothing to be sorry about; it was always the plan, but most recently things like jobs have become less certain, so planning for the future over restoring a car, takes prescendance. It'll get it done, and I'm enjoying it. It just means a few months between bigger jobs rather than a more "monthly" approach to spending.

The question is; what do car restorers DO when they finish? They tend to sell and restart.. so I'll take my time. This is a keeper and more pointedly, DMC need to pull their finger out on drivetrains so I have more options on running gear as I'm still undecided on whether to rebuild my PRV. Wink

Anyway, that was WAY off topic! Big Grin
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566

well, keeping off topic, why don't you wait and see how my 24v conversion goes. Phill and I will be doing this ourselves, and taking our time, and documenting
everything carefully. If it works out, which we think it will, as we've been chatting to a guy who's also looking at UN1 options on a
VW and has CAD drawings, then it may be a route for you to think of if you want to 'future proof' the car.
As I've said, the 24v engine that I'm using, is what the PRV evolved into, so its the most natural choice of engine IMO.

Anyway, back 'On topic', shall we consider this as a Club event for next year?
All going well, i should have LEX living with me by then and it's only 1hr away from me. So as long as I have my engine starting issues and my grounding issue resolved by then...
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
(08 Nov 2017, 13:19)Guinney1971 Wrote: well, keeping off topic, why don't you wait and see how my 24v conversion goes.  Phill and I will be doing this ourselves, and taking our time, and documenting
everything carefully.  If it works out, which we think it will, as we've been chatting to a guy who's also looking at UN1 options on a
VW and has CAD drawings, then it may be a route for you to think of if you want to 'future proof' the car.  
As I've said, the 24v engine that I'm using, is what the PRV evolved into, so its the most natural choice of engine IMO.

My current plan (sorry, still off topic) is to complete the chassis, remate the body (not bolted, just mated), then start cosmetics whilst "keeping an eye" on engine stuff. I'll get the gearbox rebuilt in the meantime - I don't intend to change that.

So yes, I'll be watching your conversion closely. I will say that I know my block is good, so even if I don't refit it, the engine will eventually be rebuilt (even after the car is done) as a working D engine will always be worth something to someone.
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566

INFO NEEDED PLEASE.. my wife is a mad BTTF fan and has lots of memorabilia and she has visited car shows where there has been a delorean or 2 on show at fleetwood festival.. we have now moved to NEWARK ON TRENT and she is 50 this month and wanted to know if anyone nearby hires out ( with driver obv ) for an hour of so.. we visited blyton park race circuit after i had paid for her to drive 3 laps in a delorean but when we arrived the company said the owner had changed their minds on the car and she could choose a ferrari or lambo instead.. she was gutted as they dont interest her at all.. PLEASE can anyone give me some advice on anyone who can help with this matter. thanks martin
(08 Nov 2017, 13:19)Guinney1971 Wrote: well, keeping off topic, why don't you wait and see how my 24v conversion goes.  Phill and I will be doing this ourselves, and taking our time, and documenting
everything carefully.  If it works out, which we think it will, as we've been chatting to a guy who's also looking at UN1 options on a

I think Really Retro Show should be considered, we are about 170 miles away, so if we came would probably want to stay overnight on Saturday somewhere.

Ian
Ian Beattie, Cumbria
Vin#2703 Aug 81 manual with black interior, grooved hood and gas flap
DOC 875