Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stainless exhaust system?
I'm looking into the future as my car is not ready for a new exhaust just yet.

But what recommendations are out there for an exhaust system :-
  • No cat
  • including stainless steel manifolds
    Any deals to be had?Cheers 
Vin 11789 (probably #50 of the Middle East batch of 50)
There is a well regarded stainless system, simply referred to as the "UK Stainless Exhaust" which many people have bought and has good reviews next to it.

Going stainless is something i'm hoping to do within the next couple of years, so i might be down for some economics of scale for a large order some time.

I'm sure someone here can give the link to the website of the company who produces them...
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
sales@stainless-exhaust.com  is the link.   Talk to Don or Steve, great folk to deal with, I've had 4 systems off them over the years. Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Yes they are a great (if expensive) exhaust. I would go for a quiet one though as the louder version can be a bit loud if you do a lot of motorway driving.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
(07 Oct 2017, 20:20)Chris Williams Wrote: Yes they are a great (if expensive) exhaust. I would go for a quiet one though as the louder version can be a bit loud if you do a lot of motorway driving.
Chris

Are these the ones in Nottingham?

I must admit I am eventually considering the idea but would want as quiet and refined a system as possible.  I have to go delving into the system in pursuit of a leak and cant help but wonder if this is the time to bin it and go for a stainless one.

Have you got one fitted at the moment Chris P?
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Yes I've got them on both cars, yes they are in Nottingham and yes I agree with Chris W, ask them specifically for the quietest one they can make. (its easy enough for them to tweak the internal baffles and padding).

Mine on AXI 1698  has been on for over a decade and is very similar to the one fitted by the DeLorean engineers, at the factory, to the Euro-spec RHD, AXI 1697.

Attached Files Image(s)

Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I'm revisiting this old post and again there's some great info posted thanks.

On reflection , I will need an exhaust without the cat as a cat wasn't fitted to mine on the production line. (No unleaded in Dubai at the time apparently!)

Another thing is that I'd like to replace the whole system including the headers. This is still in the future as I have other more pressing purchases to make :-)
Vin 11789 (probably #50 of the Middle East batch of 50)
Quote:On reflection , I will need an exhaust without the cat as a cat wasn't fitted to mine on the production line.
That's pretty much as they supply, cats are extra anyway and we don't want to pay for them do we?
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584