Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rad fan switch
"Outatime Wrote:So when I go to purchase one of these from auto part stores, will it come with the clip and rubber gasket? Or the switch on its own? And is it a straight swap?

They come with a new seal , they actually say on them 'do not reuse'

Seen some held up with the factory 'c' shaped clip (part 22) , some with a cable tie, just as long as there is something on there to stop the thing possibly blowing out.

http://www.dmcnews.com/bulletins/ST-27-11.81.pdf
tracey steele Wrote:right found the problem for now, it`s the fan fail relay switch thats located in the fuse box thats packed up, we`ve bodged it up for now so that the fan is staying on all the time when the engine s running,does any body know where i can get one from,

ps it back for another test tommorrow fingers crossed

If you put a jumper wire in like NickT says, i have a feeling your fan will come on. It could be that it is not getting any power to it from the relay base at the moment.

[Image: Fanfixdiagram.jpg]

As you can see on here each fan has its own +ve supply from this socket.

found this useful reference

http://www.dmcnews.com/bulletins/ST-06-9.82.html
it past its mot all set for tec weekend now just got too get it taxed now so i`m off up the post office now yeppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Big Grin :lol:

so excited i keep saying now

claire wears those beers i could do with one now now now :lol:
cheers tracey
vin 6484
rhd
(marty)
doc 421
Delorean Dream within a Dream
roll on eurotec 2009 love you all
[Image: covercarpics034.jpg]

[Image: mybanner48c1296704f7enw1.jpg]
Well done !!

and good luck to any others who have an MOT soon...
Tracey, did the link wire fix the fan?

Great news on your MOT.

NickT.
bozzzydmc Wrote:Well done !!

and good luck to any others who have an MOT soon...

well that includes Flopsy..... I *think* all she needs is a new washer pump (she's had 2 in the last 12 months.....), so I'll get the battery on charge tonight as when I turned the key in the ignition the other week the battery was as flat as the proverbial witches tit Sad

I'll get her MOT'd some time over the next couple of weeks, then tax her from 1st June. Might even give her a clean too.... :wink:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Bloody Hell, That last one didnt last long at all Shock

I think it might be time to rethink the whole pump layout and have a remote pump. Are the drain holes in the bottom of the washer bottle cover blocked ?

Dan
That sounds like a good idea Dan

An inline pump with a check valve on it to keep it primed
hiya, well the pump I bought back in Jan/Feb time got used on Rapey as her one was buggered too and she needed it for her MOT - it was still running (just) but had about as much suction as an asthmatic hamster. :roll:

I guess the box thingy is blocked up again, will have to make the drain holes bigger - which is what Phill did with Sorbet's one for her MOT in Feb.

I sooooo want to be able to come to Eurotec in Flopsy, I'll be absolutely gutted if I'm not up to it. Right now, I feel like I've been smacked across the collarbone with a baseball bat I'm in that much pain Sad I cant believe I'm still hurting so much 4 months after the accident. Whilst any compo that the solicitors can get me will come in handy, I'd rather be fit and well instead of pumping myself full of codeine and ibuprofen every day.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
My D passed its MOT this morning Smile

Talk about making my day !

Thanks to bozzzy for giving me some info over the phone at short notice because I had to have a manual MOT done as the DVLA computer system was apparently down.

NickT.
Well done Buddy!

Nice to see your car sailed through its MOT again matey.
NickT Wrote:My D passed its MOT this morning Smile

Thanks to bozzzy for giving me some info over the phone at short notice because I had to have a manual MOT done as the DVLA computer system was apparently down.

NickT.

thats cool mate it seem`s like everybody is mot ing this month
:wink:
cheers tracey
vin 6484
rhd
(marty)
doc 421
Delorean Dream within a Dream
roll on eurotec 2009 love you all
[Image: covercarpics034.jpg]

[Image: mybanner48c1296704f7enw1.jpg]
NickT Wrote:My D passed its MOT this morning Smile

NickT.
Nice one i bet that was a big bung :lol: only joking TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
No, but first mot on a sunday morning when the testers have been "out" the night before seems to help Big Grin

NickT.
So did anyone find the Austin Metro's rad fan switch part number?
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

[Image: signature.jpg]