rhd
(marty)
doc 421
Delorean Dream within a Dream
roll on eurotec 2009 love you all
[Image: covercarpics034.jpg]

[Image: mybanner48c1296704f7enw1.jpg]
Hi Tracey,

On the new style V5C registration certificate there isnt a specific section to state whether the car is LHD or RHD. This information is only required when you first register the car (ie after importing into the UK) on a V55/5 - I had to do this last week on an Isle of Man registered R320CDi that we'd bought so that it can be issued with a UK registration number and V5C 'log book' (by the way, thats forty grands worth of R-Class that my employers bought, not me I hasten to add!! Shock )

However, it might be worth dropping DVLA a line to let them know that the car is now RHD, as they will have it recorded as being LHD from when it was first registered in the UK. Also, if you have not already done so, you must inform your insurance company.

Cheers,

Claire
(Brain fried after a busy 'month end' on Sales Admin at Mercedes.......)
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Claire Usher Wrote:Hi Tracey,

On the new style V5C registration certificate there isnt a specific section to state whether the car is LHD or RHD. This information is only required when you first register the car (ie after importing into the UK) on a V55/5 - I had to do this last week on an Isle of Man registered R320CDi that we'd bought so that it can be issued with a UK registration number and V5C 'log book' (by the way, thats forty grands worth of R-Class that my employers bought, not me I hasten to add!! Shock )

However, it might be worth dropping DVLA a line to let them know that the car is now RHD, as they will have it recorded as being LHD from when it was first registered in the UK. Also, if you have not already done so, you must inform your insurance company.

Cheers,

Claire
(Brain fried after a busy 'month end' on Sales Admin at Mercedes.......)

thanks for that claire, insurance company knows , dvla don`t i will leave the log book as it is then as it tells the true history ,
cheers tracey
vin 6484
rhd
(marty)
doc 421
Delorean Dream within a Dream
roll on eurotec 2009 love you all
[Image: covercarpics034.jpg]

[Image: mybanner48c1296704f7enw1.jpg]