Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dec 2016 East Midlands Xmas meet?
Hi Chris, the table is booked for 1.30pm, I expect people will be arriving from 1pm onwards - Can you chase up Andy and Binny for me too? I've messaged them, but not had confirmation from them yet.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Be nice to see you there ChrisP....

Just a quick one Claire, we already know what we want off the menu, but out of curiosity, is the Christmas menu available to order on the day, or do we  have to ring in advance and let them know? 

If that's the case, I can give them a bell Friday, otherwise I wont worry, and just order on the day, assuming you can order from either menu. 

Also, maybe you guys may know of a local bowling alley we could visit afterwards, as it's Leanne's birthday?  So I was going to take her bowling afterwards as we was out anyway. (You know me, cheapskate, trying to pinch a penny here and there! )  The ones down here are few and far between really... maybe bowling's gone out of fashion! 

See you all Saturday. 

Ben
I'll try And & Binny, but I know he has a lot on currently. Be nice to see you too again Ben.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Hiya, I don't know of any bowling alley's round here sorry!

I've not looked at the Xmas menu tbh, just the standard menu. If you want to pre-order your food though, that could speed things up on Saturday as there will be quite a few of us.
due to a few having to cancel the numbers are now as follows:

confirmed:
me, Phill, Kez n Gwen
Ben, Leanne, Toby & Phoebe
Rich Hutchinson
Chris McGeachy & Sarah
Possible: Paul Birks, Paul Bardill (work depending), Terry & Oliver Holler (will try and get up from dropping their BTTF car at Southampton docks to join us before going back to the USA on the 12th.)

Anyone who wants to is welcome back to our house afterwards, I've purchased 'party food' for tomorrow evening, so if you want to come, just 'bring a bottle' Smile
(09 Dec 2016, 16:53)Guinney1971 Wrote: due to a few having to cancel the numbers are now as follows:

confirmed:
me, Phill, Kez n Gwen
Ben, Leanne, Toby & Phoebe
Rich Hutchinson
Chris McGeachy & Sarah
Possible: Paul Birks, Paul Bardill (work depending), Terry & Oliver Holler (will try and get up from dropping their BTTF car at Southampton docks to join us before going back to the USA on the 12th.)

Anyone who wants to is welcome back to our house afterwards, I've purchased 'party food' for tomorrow evening, so if you want to come, just 'bring a bottle' Smile

See you in a few hours Claire. 
We've decided not to go bowling now, but instead call in on a family member on way back who also has a birthday.... if I'd have known there was a party at your house, I would have done that instead!

To rub salt in the wound, I also have to be up at 6 Sunday for work... how pants is that?

Looking forward smithys home brew! 

Ben
I'm still coming for an hour or two….but have to be home mid-afternoon, to cook our family tea.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
thanks to everyone who made it along on Saturday, it was great to catch up with people, especially Ben, Leanne & the children who'd drive up from South Wales to join us.

For such an 'unassuming looking' venue, the food was amazing, and a really good price too. They also hold car meets regularly over the summer, so I think this is a venue (only 5 mins from J24A of the M1 that we'll be frequenting in the future!

Merry Xmas everyone !!!
I quite agree Claire, a modest little venue, but they looked after us very well. In the summer it is nice to stroll around the marina.

Nice to catch up.

Happy Christmas to all our readers!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I agree, it was a great venue, food was good, and looking forward to next time!

Thanks again Claire for organising this.... The distance is no issue in lieu of good company, chat, and food...

And an echo to ChrisP... Merry Xmas and happy new year everyone?

By the way Chris, when is Book 2 coming out? :-)
Hi Ben, We are putting a few bit and bobs on one side for it, but no firm dates yet.

Still got a fair few 'book one's' to find a home for……available at the right money!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian