Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
235/60 R15 Tyres
Just spotted these correct specification tyres. 
Looks like someone has finally listened! Cool
Check these out
http://www.northhantstyres.com/main-tyre...R-RWL.html

Nick H
DOC 650
Jaguar X-Type
Range Rover Sport SDV6 "Rufus" (Mrs H's motor)
DeLorean DMC 12 Vin#2862

My other hobby...
http://www.lccuk.org.uk/
not a bad price, I'd lose the lettering though.

We got some new Nangkang's off Ebay in Germany in that size, were about £60 each including shipping.

Good tyres actually, with good roadholding in the wet.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
(21 Sep 2016, 21:46)Guinney1971 Wrote: not a bad price, I'd lose the lettering though.

We got some new Nangkang's off Ebay in Germany in that size, were about £60 each including shipping.  

Good tyres actually, with good roadholding in the wet.

If these are similar to the Goodyear Eagle white lettered tyres I have. The lettering is on one side. I had the tyres mounted so the white lettering is facing inside. 

The difference with these Galaxy tyres is they are the first I have seen other than Pirelli's that have a high speed rating. The Nangkangs are S rated like my Goodyears. 113Mph. While the Galaxy are V rated 149Mph.
Not that it means a lot in the real world but maybe if someone has a turbo car or intends on doing a track day...  Big Grin

Nick H
DOC 650
Jaguar X-Type
Range Rover Sport SDV6 "Rufus" (Mrs H's motor)
DeLorean DMC 12 Vin#2862

My other hobby...
http://www.lccuk.org.uk/
Just reviving this - has anyone used the Vitour Galaxy R1 tyres? They look good from an EU label perspective.
#1373 - Black, Manual, Gas Flap

"Marty: Wait a minute, wait a minute, Doc, are you telling me that you built a time machine out of a delorean?

Doc: The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car why not do it with some style..."
I decided to go with the galaxy r1 in the end. Correct speed rating and you can mount with lettering on inside.

Also got vredsteins for the fronts, and a continental for the spare. Expensive day!

"Marty: Wait a minute, wait a minute, Doc, are you telling me that you built a time machine out of a delorean?

Doc: The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car why not do it with some style..."
Hi all - so I got the rear tyres yesterday:

Here is the side with the raised white writing (looks cool but I didn't think it suited the Delorean):

Here is the side without the writing - this is the side I went with (white writing on inside):

Here is a picture after I had them put on the wheels and I put the wheels back on the car (angle not great as was in my garage):

I think they look great! I haven't driven on them yet - will report further when I do.

Cheers!