Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ignition switch-cheap replacement!
For a while now Ol' Stainless has been paying homage to BTTF by occasionally refusing to start-just a click when the key was turned ( just like Marty in the film when he bangs his head on the steering wheel to make it start) and I decided to sort it as it was getting more and more frequent.
I remember an article somewhere that said that the Rover SD1(1976-1986) shared the same part so I got a genuine part off eBay for a tenner and free P&P.
Sorted it today,dead easy job only had to swap the connector plug over,5 minute job unplugging the tangs and the new part fitted better than the original!
There were only 2 left on the eBay so I bought both being very selfish and thinking of the future?
Roverpart number DRC 1382
The original switch had bits rattling inside it,haven't done the Post Mortem on it yet?
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
Pictures Brian! Pictures! Guys like pictures. It helps us understand simple things easier. Wink
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
(09 May 2016, 08:30)Rissy Wrote: Pictures Brian!  Pictures!  Guys like pictures.  It helps us understand simple things easier. Wink

I always take loads of pics of any interesting jobs I don the car Rissy,just can't upload them successfully on this site-the old one was much better! (Sorry Rich!)
DMC Holland are asking £138+ for one-how can they justify that?
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
(09 May 2016, 12:56)bjbrownie Wrote:
(09 May 2016, 08:30)Rissy Wrote: Pictures Brian!  Pictures!  Guys like pictures.  It helps us understand simple things easier. Wink

I always take loads of pics of any interesting jobs I don the car Rissy,just can't upload them successfully on this site-the old one was much better! (Sorry Rich!)

Inserting pictures is easy!  No problem!

See...as easy as 1,2,3

Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
That's a fantastically cheap fix. Well done and thanks for the cross ref Brian
DOC 116
VIN 6237