Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Exhaust Muffler
I am toying with the idea of having the rear 'muffler' remade in SS.  I mean just the back box, not a full system.  I need at least 2 for my own cars as both are rusty and a brand new shiny part at the back would look sooo much better... Plus it's a chance to give the exhaust an extra sound in its design.
Has anybody done this? or is interested in having it done too?
DOC 116
VIN 6237
I spoke to a few custom exhaust places up in Scotland about this last year. The quoted prices for a custom back-box were between £400-600, and at that price I figured I could do something cheaper myself with off-the-shelf parts. Or order the SS Exhaust as a complete system.

For now I'm undecided so I just de-catted and will deal with the rest later Smile
VIN 4494, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 757
Hi,
If I was doing this I would get the stainless muffler from Josh at dpi.
http://www.deloreanindustries.com/spec-i...stainless/

I bought their full spec1 system a few months back and recommend it
I personally prefer the complete new (Nottingham made) system including new s/steel manifolds (headers), that do away with the horrible crossover pipe over the bell housing. But each to his own.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
May well be getting a quote from Don for just the back box, I don't 'think' the new one he is that far from an OE pattern so it would only be the ends that are different. Having got the specs for the back box already then it may be the cheapest option? I'm sure someone local would have an old back box for him to look at/quote for.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Thanks for the suggestions guys, it's given me a few ideas to think about.

Some were made and sold by Deloman in Germany a few years ago. I will let you know if I find a cost effective solution.

Attached Files Image(s)

DOC 116
VIN 6237