Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car Show/Boot Sale. Kings X. 17th April 2016
I hope you don’t mind me getting in touch. I’m sourcing content for a event and wondered if your club would be able to assist. Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th April 2016; a date for your diary and hopefully a chance for you and your DeLorean club members to display their pride and joys.

I've recently been appointed the position of guest vehicle curator at the Classic Car Boot Sale. This event, along with many others, is the brainchild of Wayne Hemingway MBE. In 2010 I worked alongside Wayne and his team, in a similar role, at the hugely successful festival Vintage at Goodwood. The well established Classic Car Boot Sale has outgrown the space on London’s South Bank. Therefore, for the second year, it’s stretching its wings at the ample space in and surrounding Lewis Cubitt Square at King's Cross.

The term Car Boot Sale is an umbrella title for what is a family-friendly celebration of all things vintage, collectible and upcycled. Vintage Festival DJs play a vinyl-only selection of 40s-80s tunes and aside from perusing the stalls, there are plenty of opportunities to dine, drink and dance. Like last year the festival will be linked with BOB (Best of Britannia) – another well established event that showcases the best of British manufacturing and products.

I’m also looking to encourage vehicles and owners from the My Cool… book series (to which I’m the author) to get together at this fantastic event. It has all the hallmarks of being a great day out with some fantastic vehicular eye candy.

I’m very much hoping you can assist in suggesting owners and vehicles, so they can be amongst the attractions for tens of thousands of appreciative design conscious people. Oh, and for those attending in a display capacity the entry fee is waved.

Please do take a look at the link below and either way reply showing your interest or not. Or if you’d prefer to chat on the phone, do let me have a contact number and a suitable time to call.

www.classiccarbootsale.co.uk

Best regards

Chris Haddon

07792 515056
www.chrishaddon.co.uk
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584