Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windscreens
Hi Paul, hope you're well.

Just wondered where you sourced your windscreen from in the end matey.

I notice Claire mentioned a company called 'Uroglass' did you go with them and if so, what sort of price would I be looking at please?

11777 is probably going to need a new windscreen, otherwise she can already forget about passing her first MOT! Sad

Any help from anyone on this will be much appreciated. Big Grin

Thanks
Carl & Alex Hammond
DOC361
VIN#11777 (don't ask!!) Sad
Norfolk
i think pj grady have sorted out a supplier TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Nice one Tony! :wink:

I'll give em a bell, as I need a few other bits and bobs.

What sort of cost I am looking at do you know?

Hope you're well matey. Big Grin

Cheers
Carl & Alex Hammond
DOC361
Norfolk
yeah im ok carl,still recovering from friday night :roll: from memory they arn't cheap so i cant comment on price but between £1 to £1000 :lol: TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Wow, it must have been one heck of a night mate! Ah well, as long as the memories don't come flooding back too quickly, hey? :lol:

Ouch! Let's hope it's not towards the steeper end of that scale (although it probably will be by the time I'm finished!)

Take it easy buddy. :wink:
Carl & Alex Hammond
DOC361
Norfolk
hi

uro still supply but mainly trade i think

mine was about £240 direct from them. not yet fitted.

they used to advertise on ebay.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
i had an idea they were about that steve TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Surely it will be covered on your car insurance bud ?
bromgrove windscreens do them do ask chris or darren at pj gradey
I paid Uroglass £160 cash and went and collected it with my (when I worked for Renault) bosses' Laguna, the a local windscreen company fitted it for £40+VAT.

I then claimed it back on my insurance for the £40 x/s
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
as far as i am aware bromsgrove is uroglas.

perhaps they trade under different names?
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Hello,

Bromsgrove & Uroglas are one and the same - we use these guys, as do Autoglass and most windscreen suppliers.

The price for a DeLorean windscreen (to the public) is around £230 + VAT - and something like £50 delivery - so it works out close to £300 in total. Claire - you got a great deal - I don't know how you did it!

It's a bit tricky finding a company to fit it - as they're taking all of the risk in potentially cracking a £300 screen for something like £40 (which barely covers the cost of their time and travel). Most companies only want to supply and fit - as the money is in the supply side.

We can get them a bit cheaper - but we're not talking much - as Uroglas themselves are only retailers - Pilkington actually make the glass.

Regards

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
PJ Grady (Europe) Wrote:Claire - you got a great deal - I don't know how you did it!

ah, the power of cash.... :wink:

Maybe prices have gone up, I think it was 2004 that I got my screen, I just rang up Uroglass, asked how much a screen was, then asked how much for cash as I worked in the trade (I was at Renault then), and he said £160. When I got AVG (a Hertfordshire based windscreen company to fit it), I told them that it was similar to a Lotus Esprit screen, and they quoted me £40 plus VAT.

I got it all back through my insurance company anyway Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
bozzzydmc Wrote:Surely it will be covered on your car insurance bud ?

Hey Mike, Big Grin

Well, IF I can get her through MOT like it, then there's a chance I have a case to make a claim.

It's got me in a bit of a pickle to be honest! :?
Carl & Alex Hammond
DOC361
Norfolk
Hi Carl,

Have you checked with the garage whether it is a definate MOT failure?

I suspect that the right thing to do would be to bite the bullet and replace it - it's heatbreaking to have to pay up £300, but it could be bonebreaking if a stone chips it while you're doing 70mph!

£300 isn't too much where safety is concerned.

We have a windscreen on the shelf if you need a new one fitted to quickly get the MOT. Alternatively, Uroglas can supply direct to you - but may be a bit of a wait if they don't have any made up (normally around 35 days).

Regards

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk