DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Creep!
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
PJ Grady (Europe) Wrote:Hi Carl,

Have you checked with the garage whether it is a definate MOT failure?

I suspect that the right thing to do would be to bite the bullet and replace it - it's heatbreaking to have to pay up £300, but it could be bonebreaking if a stone chips it while you're doing 70mph!

£300 isn't too much where safety is concerned.

We have a windscreen on the shelf if you need a new one fitted to quickly get the MOT. Alternatively, Uroglas can supply direct to you - but may be a bit of a wait if they don't have any made up (normally around 35 days).

Regards

Darren

Hi Darren,

Well, I am pretty certain that it won't go through, my next door neighbour (who also happens to be a mechanic) took a look at it and said even the most lenient tester would struggle to put it through! Sad

The crack itself starts from the bottom right hand corner (passenger side) and stretches to roughly about 10 inches! Shock

As it happens, I'm not desperate for one just yet as there's still a few other bits and bobs to do before she's ready for MOT!

Rest assured though mate, I'll be giving you a bell when I'm ready for me screen, as I'm sure you guys can do us a good deal. :wink:
Carl & Alex Hammond
DOC361
VIN#11777 (don't ask!!) Sad
Norfolk
Just on a side note Carl, check the tightness of your body to frame bolts around the front end.
Tourettes Tony Wrote:what would we do without pj grady eh? Smile TT

So does Tony get a keyring too??? lol Smile